Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby susan60625 on March 30th, 2012, 10:04 am

Very funny! I've said the same thing all along!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sin on April 3rd, 2012, 11:22 pm

Kinda OT, but does anyone know what the "proper" weight for a 2 year old is? The moron when she weighed lil Z Tues said he was a "little" over weight. (weighed in @ 35lbs and no he did NOT have a full nappy :D) Asked how much he should weigh and was told there is no correct weight as long as he is eating healthy. She reminded me of an oxymoron

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 4th, 2012, 11:23 am

Uh...35lbs, give or take 3lbs, is the idea weight for a 2 year old boy (Slightly less for a Girl, but only a pound or two). I think you need to find a New Doctor if they are talking out their rear end like that....
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on April 5th, 2012, 12:13 pm

gnd thanks. but it was the "nurse" at WIC for his well baby check up. We go the 9th to see his regular Dr. she is a gem as she has gotten us in touch with a few to help him. I was just curious as I was not impressed with the one-who-should-know. When he hits his growth spurt they will most likely say he is underweight. :D

sin

Postby MysticFan on May 5th, 2012, 6:11 pm

sin wrote:Kinda OT, but does anyone know what the "proper" weight for a 2 year old is? The moron when she weighed lil Z Tues said he was a "little" over weight. (weighed in @ 35lbs and no he did NOT have a full nappy :D) Asked how much he should weigh and was told there is no correct weight as long as he is eating healthy. She reminded me of an oxymoron

Sin, I just saw this and I would have to disagree with the person who said lil Z is a little over weight. At two, Jackson weighed in at almost 37lbs and his doctor thought that was great. I know that some people have different opinions on this, but I think 35lbs is fine and to say he is a little over weight is silly.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on May 5th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Thanks Mystic. The "nurse" is making it so we have to take him BACK to pick up his WIC. Usually we take him & proof one month then the next 2 pick ups ( 6 months) we just pick the vouchers up. Meaning only one of us has to go so if it is to early or bad weather Z & I stay home..

Even the Doctor said he was fine. He looks like he is getting ready for a growth spurt. This just proves that first he is NOT over weight and second he does not listen as I specifically told him he could NOT grow up until I told him he could.

sin

Postby MysticFan on May 7th, 2012, 1:18 am

You are welcome! That is such nonsense that they make him come back only to pick up vouchers. That is so unnecessary if you ask me, and not to mention extra running around that could be avoided for you and him. I think that if his Dr. says all is okay, then that should be good enough. Oh my goodness, growth spurts! At Christmas, Jackson got four or five pair of pants and shirts to match. Well, he couldn’t wear any of them… way to tight. I just left them in the box to take them back to The Children’s Place to exchange, well, I just happened to try them on him again maybe a month later, if that, and they fit perfect. He is staying around the same weight, with the exception of a few lbs, but he is growing tall as a weed…breaks my heart! I just look at him and am like who is this toddler and what did he do with my lil baby!!! Lol!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby sin on May 7th, 2012, 8:03 am

lol..I know what you mean. Where is that cute, cuddly lil baby. It has been replaced with this toddler who runs at the speed of light.

sin

Postby Kath on May 29th, 2012, 10:13 am

sin wrote:lol..I know what you mean. Where is that cute, cuddly lil baby. It has been replaced with this toddler who runs at the speed of light.

Yeah, know what you mean. What happened to my lil ones? One's 16 and the other is 12. It goes by so fast....
Kath

Postby susan60625 on June 2nd, 2012, 11:50 am

Well, it looks like I can actually participate on this site now! The rehab center I'm in has me on a low fat, low cholesterol, no salt diet. I've been here on it for two weeks and have lost 9 lbs. Once the physical and occupational therapy gets rolling more regularly, that should help as well.

At least that's one good thing to come of this disaster!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion