Historical Book Cover Art

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Postby sin on March 22nd, 2012, 3:51 pm

At the urging of middle sis wren I am making a topic here and under Anthology's for book cover art as she thought is was a great idea for our Argeneau's. This way when a new release or an updated cover is released we can comment here rather than under a spoiler page. :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Re: Historical Book Cover Art

Postby wren on March 23rd, 2012, 8:45 pm

sin wrote:At the urging of middle sis wren I am making a topic here and under Anthology's for book cover art as she thought is was a great idea for our Argeneau's. This way when a new release or an updated cover is released we can comment here rather than under a spoiler page. :)

Thank you, big sis sin! Personally, I love the covers of The Madison Sisters trilogy! They're so pretty!! So are the reprints with new cover art of the older historical books that were originally published by Dorchester. Avon has brought them up-to-date with other historical books, and they are all so pretty! One bad thing about having the books on eReader instead of in paperback is not having the pretty covered books! Of course, with Lynsay's books...I must have both! :D
wren

Postby TomEC on March 27th, 2012, 12:55 pm

wren wrote:Thank you, big sis sin! Personally, I love the covers of The Madison Sisters trilogy! They're so pretty!! So are the reprints with new cover art of the older historical books that were originally published by Dorchester. Avon has brought them up-to-date with other historical books, and they are all so pretty! One bad thing about having the books on eReader instead of in paperback is not having the pretty covered books! Of course, with Lynsay's books...I must have both! :D

Many times I've sat drinking in a beautiful book cover and just enjoying it for its own sake. Of course, I don't think publishers add such covers to their books as a public service. They do it because they know that beautiful covers sell books. It's worked with me on more than one occasion. This is far less so with my e-ink Kindle, though I don't think this will always be the case. Someday all eReaders, even the e-ink ones will be in glorious color and then we'll be able to have our cake and eat it too. Nevertheless, if we have a computer or tablet that allows us to install the app for our eReader on it, we can still enjoy the beautiful color covers, but I guess it really isn't quite the same. I think a new generation is growing up that won't be so attached paper books as we are. Still, I can't help think that, if I'm right about that, we'll lose something precious. Technology is not about the inevitable march of progress; it's about choices.

By the way, one of the main reasons that I'm an e-book fan is because they don't take up much shelf space. I have hundreds of paperback books, many of which have beautiful covers, that I have to keep my Mom's place because she has the room and I don't. That totally sucks. If I could build my dream house, the biggest room in it would be the library.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on April 20th, 2012, 12:32 am

I love the covers, too. One big frustration I've had with my Nook Tablet is that most of the books I've been getting from the library just have ugly text covers. Yuck.
Denise

Postby sin on April 20th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Lynsay posted on FaceBook Yesterday at 11:23am :
Another little bird told me that the reissue of The Key is coming out Nov 27, 2012! Love these birds that are in the know!

Can not wait to see what the new cover will be. Congrats Lynsay

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on June 15th, 2012, 7:30 pm

TomEC wrote: If I could build my dream house, the biggest room in it would be the library.

Well said, Thomas! I want an estate library, like those I've read about in some of the historical books! :)
wren

Postby TomEC on June 15th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Ah yes, a library that's two floors high with a skylight and a wrap-around balcony on the second floor and a big comfortable leather chair to read in. :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on June 16th, 2012, 10:38 am

Sounds like heaven to me Thomas!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on June 16th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Ahhh, now that would be so wonderful!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby NikodiNmr on April 21st, 2016, 1:43 am

There pretty cool. But I like the other ones to.
Alanna: the green TTP book cover is pretty nice. It is shiny and the little bubbles are actually pressed out of the cover so you can feel them.
NikodiNmr

Return to Discuss the books