Tell Us About Yourself

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby NicoleH on May 28th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Hi everybody,

My first Lynsay Sands' book war "Vampires are forever" (Thomas and Inez). I found it in a bookstore which sold book a little bit cheaper. The story sounds interesting. After this I start to read the complete series (in the beginning in German).

My first favorite was "Tall Dark and Hungry". When I was waiting for the edition in German, I was thinking to read one story in English. Of course, it was Bastien's story. :lol: It was okay, I can also follow in English.

When I finished "The immortal hunter" in German, I wanted to read more. I started with "The Renegade Hunter", long before it was published in German. I'm loving it. It is my favorite now. But I love the story of Armand, too.

In my last vacation time I've read Christians story. My next story in German will be Armand's. It will be published this summer, with a title, I don't like (Translation: Vampire to give away). :twisted:

By the way, I found Lynsay's "The perfect wife" on a newsstand. It was my first Non-Argeneau story and I like it.

Greetings
NicoleH

Postby susan60625 on June 9th, 2012, 11:22 am

Nicole,

I'm a little late in welcoming you to the forum, but I've been sick and away for quite a while. So Welcome!

I'm glad you've started reading Lynsay's historicals. Many of us have read all of them as well! They are all full of Lynsays great characters and her trademark humor.

Where in Germany are you from? I have many relatives there.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Shennee on June 21st, 2012, 9:49 pm

Greetings and felicitations!

I'm Shennee, but in RL, I go by a very normal, hardly-anything-happens-to-me name that is Kristine. :)

My days are spent as a sci-fi, paranormal, superhero, anime geek :geek: ; surfing fanfiction sites to feed my addiction to funny, romantic, adventure-packed literature. Evenings are set aside for playing PC games or holding marathon viewing sessions for TV series like Doctor Who, Castle, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds and the like.

On a side note, nothing interesting, I write for a living. I'm a copywriter for a property development company. That means I write brochures, print ads, leaflets and the like for residences.

Made some serious effort in writing fanfiction and posting it – made my year because I was able to finish something. 8-)

The first Lynsay book I ever heard of was Vampires are Forever, as it was described in full spoiler-rich detail by my best friend when we met up after work. That got me interested and I asked her to loan me the book. She made me read A Quick Bite first and I laughed and squee-ed my heart out till the last page. The only good thing about being introduced to Lynsay's books so late in life was that I was able to read A Quick Bite to Vampires are Forever in just a week. I'm a fast reader so it came in handy! Vampires are Forever still holds a special place in my heart. I also feel the need to mention A Bite to Remember because Jackie's concern about not being thin after she was turned really struck a chord. What can I say; I love food and yo-yo dieting had always been something I struggled with. :oops:

Sometime after that though, I've been indulging my sci-fi side and I wasn't able to continue the Argeneau Series. Only recently, I chanced upon Vampire, Interrupted and bought it. Then, I did what every self-respecting follower of the series did: I read it from the beginning to brush up on what happened! Now, I'm reading The Immortal Hunter so hopefully I can continue with the rest of them. Reading the excerpts from Lynsay's site makes me want to read the rest NOW! :D :P
Shennee

Postby susan60625 on June 28th, 2012, 10:48 am

Welcome Shennee!

It sounds like you'd fit into our bunch quite nicely!

Two things that caught my interest with your post. Number one is that you are now in what we call "New Member" status. This is indicated by the fact that your username is in lime green. This really only means that your posts won't show up immediately. They have to be confirmed by the moderators before they show up. The moderators are Lynsay (herself!) or her assistant/sister, Terri! Once you have made about 20 posts, you will be "turned" (no pain is involved!) and your username will turn to navy blue.

Unfortunately, this sometimes means that your initial posts may take some time to appear. Please don't get discouraged. Terri tries to get on at least once a week, but sometimes life and business gets in her way. But don't worry, your posts will appear.

The second thing I noticed is that you like to write fan fiction. Fan fiction is strictly forbidden on this forum. We are very fortunate that Lynsay participates here with us, even dropping the occasional exclusive hint on upcoming books. However, for legal reasons, she cannot read any of our fan fiction, even in passing. Therefore, since we want Lynsay to continue to be an active participant, we don't allow any fan fiction. We do have specific threads where we talk about the books and on these threads we do have allow speculation, but they are clearly marked.

So, welcome to the forum and I hope you have a lot of fun here!
susan60625

Postby NicoleH on July 7th, 2012, 2:09 pm

susan60625 wrote:Nicole,

I'm a little late in welcoming you to the forum, but I've been sick and away for quite a while. So Welcome!

I'm glad you've started reading Lynsay's historicals. Many of us have read all of them as well! They are all full of Lynsays great characters and her trademark humor.

Where in Germany are you from? I have many relatives there.

Hi Susan,

I'm living in Frankfurt on Main since more than 20 years now. But I grew up in Lower Saxony, Brunswick and Goettingen. Some of my family members are living in Berlin, some in Bavaria.

I love to travel through Germany. My husband and I have visited in recent years in Dresden and the Black Forest. But we were already in France and London.
NicoleH

Postby susan60625 on July 8th, 2012, 10:29 am

NicoleH wrote:Hi Susan,

I'm living in Frankfurt on Main since more than 20 years now. But I grew up in Lower Saxony, Brunswick and Goettingen. Some of my family members are living in Berlin, some in Bavaria.

I love to travel through Germany. My husband and I have visited in recent years in Dresden and the Black Forest. But we were already in France and London.

I didn't make it to Frankfort when I visited Germany in 1983, but I did visit a lot of southern Germany, ending in Munich. Then, we traveled north to visit relatives in Essen and Hamburg. I also visited Berlin, but that was before the Wall came down. Very interesting trip!
susan60625

Previous

Return to Getting to know you questions