How can I get ebooks

Ask Terri questions about audio books, ebooks, book issues like book falling apart, cannot acquire books, upcoming conference or signing dates, Lynsay's online shop, website, newsletters, forum issues, social media issues, etc.

Re: How can I get ebooks

Postby terri on July 17th, 2012, 11:31 pm

Hi AlboPals,

Happy to have you on the forum! :-)

From what I understand you can use your computer/laptop as an ereader. You just have to download apps from Sony (reads epub), Amazon Kindle (to read mobi and kindle formatted ebooks), Adobe (Adobe Digital Editions which reads epub and their Adobe Acrobat reader for epub and pdf respectively), Microsoft Reader (for .lit).

So in other words you can purchase them from anywhere as long as you download the app. I would do this first to make sure it works then download the ebooks you want.

amazon - kindle ebooks
itunes - itunes ebooks
kobobooks also have an ereader app.

Here's a link to the list of ebook URLs and your options.

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/ebooks.html

Hope that helps!
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Denise on July 26th, 2012, 2:59 am

Yes, that's correct. There is also a Nook App for the PC.
Denise

Postby terri on August 2nd, 2012, 3:51 pm

Hi AlboPals,

I honestly have never seen books available as an ebook in pdf form, which is why I didn't mention them. I just assumed you meant a form you could read on your computer.

Thanks AlboPals,
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby Denise on August 13th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Sorry, I missed that aspect of your original post. However, there is a software called Calibre that would be worth checking out. You can buy whatever file type you want and convert them to PDF, if you prefer, and then transfer them to your preferred reading device. Great tool to help you take control of the ebooks you buy instead of being forced to use brand specific reading apps. LOVE IT!!!! If it wasn't for Calibre, I wouldn't be using ebooks.
Denise

Postby pmangeles on August 17th, 2012, 4:46 am

Hi Terri, I wish to know when The Lady is a Vamp will be available in kindle uk?
pmangeles

Postby terri on August 20th, 2012, 11:41 am

Hello PMangeles,

Nice to see you on the forum. :-)

Actually the UK release date is in February I'm afraid. Orion bought the rights so that means they won't pub the kindle until it's official release by them in February. You may have noticed that the paperback can be bought and shipped to you in the UK but that is the North American release, not the Orion UK release.

BTW - We will be doing a contest this fall/winter with the UK editions. I will post it in the newsletter, here, twitter and facebook when it's decided on.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Return to Questions For Terri