Contest #12 - All Hallow's Eve contest!

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Contest #12 - All Hallow's Eve contest!

Postby terri on October 17th, 2012, 4:58 pm

Halloween is almost upon us as well as the paperback reissue of The Bite Before Christmas! So for a chance to win a signed copy of this lovely anthology, we have devised a contest specifically for the forum friends. And of course it has to be scary because of the time of year.

So let us know what Halloween character you find the scariest and a quick word on why.

For example... I find zombies are the scariest to me. You can't kill them and the fact that they're already dead just creeps me out. It also REALLY makes my skin crawl to think of the possibility of being eaten alive...ick! So if the impossible ever happens and we have a zombie apocalypse, I will likely scream my head off uncontrollably for the first minute or so before bashing their brains in. I am NOT a squeamish person... except about zombies.

We look forward to your scary responses... bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Contest closes by noon on Thursday, Oct 25th so get those entries in!

Good luck!
Terri-fying
terri
Site Admin

Re: Contest #12 - All Hallow's Eve contest!

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 17th, 2012, 5:27 pm

The Scariest costume I've ever seen was a local boy who dressed up as a Trash heap, Complete with Moving Flies! Grossed me out! It didn't smell, but you could just Imagine the stench, or atleast I could!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on October 17th, 2012, 6:48 pm

I know! And I'm sorry to all of you, but I got it first! Hold on to your hats and be prepared to scream! The scariest thing I'll see this Halloween is ..... Honey Boo Boo! :o This is scary on so many levels! What creeps me out the most is that her parents not only let her get away with that behavior, but exploit it! 8-)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on October 17th, 2012, 9:26 pm

susan60625 wrote:I know! And I'm sorry to all of you, but I got it first! Hold on to your hats and be prepared to scream! The scariest thing I'll see this Halloween is ..... Honey Boo Boo! :o This is scary on so many levels! What creeps me out the most is that her parents not only let her get away with that behavior, but exploit it! 8-)

Honey Boo Boo's Momma is scarier!

But the thing I find the scariest is Freddy Kouger.. I know he's fictional but he still scares the crap out of me.. I can't stand scary movies. really all of the scary movie guys scare me.. Freddy and Jason are right up there neck to neck that scare me the most!! Im a chick at heart!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sin on October 17th, 2012, 9:34 pm

The scariest is teletubbies.. AHHHHHHH Image

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 18th, 2012, 12:55 am

On a Side note, Both my kids are Dressing up as Pirates for Halloween this Year. It was a Compromise, as 3 year old son wanted to Dress up as Tinkerbelle. The In laws threw a Hissy Fit, so we convinced son to dress up as Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Hubby and I may Dress up as Pirates as Well. And we've got a Wagon for the kids to ride in, and we're going to dress that up with a Jolly Roger Flag...
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on October 18th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Very Scary grlnxtdr, sin, rockie and susan!

Honey Boo Boo... I had no idea. I heartily agree that that is one of the scariest things I have seen. I thought you were talking about a cartoon at first. Ick.

(Teletubbies... lol... I can see that. It's like being scared of clowns. Just really creepy because you wonder about what's behind that smile. Shudder.)

T
terri
Site Admin

Postby wren on October 18th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Dementors have a humanoid shape, approximately three meters, or 10 feet high, and are covered in dark hooded cloaks of long, ripped black cloth. Its body is greyed and decayed looking, and its breath sounds rattling, like it is trying to suck more than air out of a room. Its hands are glistening, greyish, slimy-looking, and scabbed. They seem to exude cold. A Dementor's face has nothing but a large hole where the mouth should be, which is used for sucking the soul out of the victim in a process called the Dementor's Kiss. Unlike other creatures, who move through some means of physical support, Dementors are able to fly freely. "There's no chance at all of recovery. You'll just...exist. As an empty shell. And your soul is gone forever…lost." Professor Remus Lupin on the Dementor's Kiss (Description summarized from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)

Dementors from the Harry Potter series & movies are so scary. They represent depression and despair, feeding on human happiness, and suck the soul out, leaving one in an incapable of thought empty-shell vegetative state considered worse than death. They are executioners without giving one a trial. The Dementor's Kiss is worse than death as a person's soul is their true self, so to be "kissed" by a Dementor is to cease to exist and yet also remain. They are so scary to me that I didn't let my sons dress up as Dementors for Halloween when they were in elementary/middle school. I asked them today, and they said that's the only "scary character or villain" that I would never let them be for Halloween or costume parties. The Dementors creep me out completely!

Have plenty of chocolate on hand at all times. It's the only thing that helps you recover after encountering a Dementor...that is, if you get away!

"A word of caution: dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light. " Professor Albus Dumbledore (J.K. Rowling ~ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)

Last edited by wren on October 20th, 2012, 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
wren

Postby susan60625 on October 19th, 2012, 7:53 am

terri wrote:Honey Boo Boo... I had no idea. I heartily agree that that is one of the scariest things I have seen. I thought you were talking about a cartoon at first. Ick.

I can't believe that there are people who actually watch her! I shudder at that idea of entertainment!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 19th, 2012, 8:16 am

I saw about 2 minutes of her show one night while waiting for another show to start. I Had to go scrub my eyes and ears afterwards...
grlnxtdr29

Next

Return to Forum Contests