Lady Pirate

Discuss Lynsay's historicals

Re: Lady Pirate

Postby Denise on July 4th, 2008, 1:30 am

I've got this one but haven't read it yet. I need to pull out all the Sands historicals that I haven't read and get them done. I just haven't been in an historical mood lately, but I know I'll love them.
Denise

Postby wren on July 4th, 2008, 1:55 am

I wasn't feeling much like historicals either, but when I started Lynsay's, I have laughed so hard, Denise. It has been worth it to catch up on all her previous works, before starting my next Argeneau rereads.
Give Lady Pirate a try so we can compare notes! :) Also, I highly recommend Always and Bliss. Both of those put me is such a cheerful mood, and my sister Sherri loved Bliss also!
wren

Postby Denise on September 5th, 2008, 1:28 pm

Okay, I finally got this one out of the stack. Of course I loved it.

**SPOILERS** The pink livery was hilarious. Blanche reminded me of Vita. I was completely surprised at who the villain was. I was expecting someone from Val's family that wanted her out of the way so they could inherit. Poor Meg. Just goes to show you should always fight for something/someone you love.
Denise

Postby Lynsay on September 5th, 2008, 1:42 pm

OH! I had SUCH a blast with Lady Pirate!! And I wanted to do a follow up with our pirates. They were SOOOO MUCH fun to play with. . . But my editor at the time was all like, "pirates don't sell. Why don't you do a Scot instead." Sigh. That was Chris Keyes. The editor from Single White Vampire and Tall Dark And Hungry. Sometimes I swore he had no soul and a billfold for a heart. Really, I love the guy. He does have his good points. But sometimes . . .well, I just wanted to drop a toilet on his head. (evil grin)

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Denise on September 5th, 2008, 1:50 pm

And so you carry out your fantasies in you books... so appropriate, too!
Denise

Postby wren on December 25th, 2008, 10:38 am

Yes!! I finally have Lady Pirate...received this morning for Christmas adressed to "wren" from Santa! :lol: I also received Holidays Are Hell, so now I'll be able to do this month's crossword!! :D

Must go read now...Image
wren

Postby Jewelz on January 23rd, 2011, 10:36 pm

I was really suprised by Meg's story and how the main villain was related to Meg. I loved Meg's character. Meg pulling Valoree out of that shady tavern bar by her ear was rightfully done. At the end of chapter five I was inpressed with the way Henry reminded Valoree about being a "member of nobility", and how her brother Jeremy never forgot it. It was a brilliant scene. Thoughout most of the book I was trying to find clue's to connect the main villian to Valoree. The the cake batter makeup was hilarious! I loved Daniel and his mother Lady Thurborne. I'm glad Valoree was finally able to avenge her brothers murderer. It was a clever counter-attack against the Spanish Pirates. Well I guess I'm off to read "Bliss". :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Lynsay on January 26th, 2011, 10:47 am

Girl! You're in Historical land right now. Glad you're enjoying them. I think you'll like Bliss.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Gabrielle on October 26th, 2013, 7:45 am

I would love you to write a sequel to Lady Pirate. One of the things I want clarified is the sex of the baby... grrrr
It would be interesting to do something with John or their (Daniel and Val's) child. I loved this book and have just reread it! Get some weird looks on the bus when I read your books Ms Sands, but they are well worth it! :D
Gabrielle

Previous

Return to Discuss the books