Holiday Greetings

Re: Holiday Greetings

Postby sin on December 23rd, 2012, 1:32 am

It's the day before the night before Christmas.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby lisa on December 23rd, 2012, 7:52 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Stars were so beautiful last night, I could almost hear them sing! Twinkly and frosty looking in a bed of black silk night sky! Lets look forward to the New Year and be the changes you want to see! (OMG, I need coffee and to quite looking at FB Christmas greetings) I really did mean it though, this year has been very glum and gloomy and I need to look at it through different eyes and expect good things, so I will recognize them when they occur!
lisa

Postby Lynsay on December 23rd, 2012, 10:21 am

Nope nope nope. Before you get too excited girls, I'm not doing Stephano Argentis's book. I'm doing Katricia's (Teddy's life mate's) father not Drina's. Someone on facebook got that confused. When I said I was doing Katricia's father, they said I thought he was dead and I didn't realize what they were talking about. Now I do. They are confusing Katricia for Drina.

Katricia's father is what I have been working on since finishing Stephano Notte's story and boy has it given me a problem. I wrote thirty thousand words and then stalled out. Kept pushing, and then finally gave up and switched to Stephano Notte's story. Had a blast with Stephano and his mate, then went back to Katricia's dad...and immediately figured out the problem. I had to delete twenty thousand words and rewrite ten thousand. That helped, but I think I need to change his name. It drives me CRAZY. Basileos, Basil for short. He's just not a Basil, the Ba like the lower ba in bah rather than the higher ba in bay.

Soon to be renamed Basil was born in Atlantis (before the hundred years rule), four years after Jean Claude and Lucian and he and Lucian have always kind of been at loggerheads. Lucian acting the older brother and Not-Basil is not the sort who wants his older brother trying to tell him what to do. So he's avoided living too close to his brother most of his life. But now, his Katricia is with Teddy and he's come to visit and inspect his new soon-to-be son in law (grin) Katricia is in Toronto when he lands in Canada, she's wedding dress shopping with Drina and our young Stephanie. A girl's weekend away from Port Henry, but Leonius is back in town, he spots Stephanie, chases her into a store where she runs into our heroine, Sherry, and...well, don't want to give too much away. LOL.

Anyway, it's going much better now, other than his name. However Christmas has interfered. I waited until last weekend before giving in and starting shopping in an effort to get it done, but between shopping, issues with renos, and health crap... YEESH! So, I set writing aside this weekend. Yesterday we had to pick up a family member who lives in Ottawa and it was 4:30 before we all got to bed (weather and working hours made it so late) and then the dogs got me up at 8:42, which is actually very kind of them since they usually get up at 6:30. On the bright side, it gave me time to write you guys. However, today we're driving up to see Jackie, Greg and their clans for Christmas (we leave in 45 minutes), then I need to start baking. I'll bake tonight and tomorrow, and then Leigh, Terri, Lindsay et al come Christmas day, then yet another division of family come Boxing day. Somewhere in there D.J. and the gang want a visit too, though I haven't figured out when. Then I will probably collapse briefly before starting back to and finishing Not-Basil's story. LOL. I hope to have it done the first week of January. Keep your fingers crossed for me, because I really want to get it done and relax at least for a couple weeks before starting the next book due...er...I think it's March first...can't remember right now. I also think the next one due is a historical but you can't count on me being right on so little sleep. LOL.

Anyway, I shall no doubt write again before Christmas...and leave traces of flour and vanilla on my keyboard, but just in case, I hope you all have a LOVELY AWESOME ROCKING Christmas and an amazing New Year. Hugs

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby lisa on December 23rd, 2012, 10:44 am

Merry Christmas Lynsay and Terri! Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! Don't worry about Not-Basil's name, remember, the immortals change names all the time thru the years, so maybe he started as a Basil, but wanted a different name than his first one. You know, people don't always like their Birth name, and pick one as adult that suites them better in life. Immortals have a long time to pick diff names as the fads and customs change. Maybe his two older brothers teased him about being named for a plant! Remember, Lucian made fun of Martine picking Cale's name as a muse of poetry and music! Can you imagine 2 older twin brothers aggravating you as kids ! Cant wait for the new episodes of the Argeneau/Hunter saga! Enjoy the holidays!
lisa

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 23rd, 2012, 11:02 am

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! May Next year be kinder to all than this year!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on December 23rd, 2012, 11:05 am

Merry Christmas, Lynsay! My goodness, you do sound busy! I'm glad the writing is going so well. You just do what you've got to do and we'll wait. We understand that you need a life, too! We may be impatient but we love you as much as we love your characters and without you, we don't get the other!

I know I was confused with the whole Stephano/Stefano/Basil situation. I was talking to Wren and Sin and we thought we had it all figured out. Boy, were we wrong! :roll: Well, it was fun speculating anyways! ;)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on December 24th, 2012, 2:02 pm

Merry Christmas yall.. Hope yall have a great day and a wonderful New Year!! :)
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Lynsay on December 31st, 2012, 3:30 pm

Oooooooo, New Years! I'm working today and then chilling at home with honey and the kids to ring in the new year. No worries that way. I'm making upside down pizza for dinner and then we have loads of snacks, hats and those blowy things. LOL.

Speaking about work, I think I'll call Not-Basil Tertius. Pronounced Tur-shess. Bricker will probably call him Terzo, although he can be called Terry too if she doesn't like Tertius. We'll see. It's latin for three and he's the third child and I just like it much better...maybe because it doesn't remind me of a Basilisk, lol.

Anyway, I should get back to it. I hope you all have a lovely New Year, and a safe one.Hugs to all

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 31st, 2012, 3:46 pm

Tertius is cool, Terry for short, or maybe just Terr? Hope you have a Great New Year!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on December 31st, 2012, 4:53 pm

I like Tertius! Very interesting name! I like that you will now have a male Terry! I love the way you use names. I can't wait for these books to come out!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion