What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Re: What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Postby ElectricFedora on March 2nd, 2011, 6:34 am

jill wrote:I enjoyed the academic of school. When it came down to it my head was buried in a book where everyone was living up "the best days of their lives". So you can imagine I was a social pariah. But oh well I have great friends now and I even manage to match my clothes occasionally ;)

I'm with you there Jill, I spend most of my time ducked into a book. I live in a predominantly wealthy area and although it's a great thing for the most part it does have it's set backs. One being a lot of spoiled kids who think mommy and daddy will take care of everything as well as kids who won't need to work a day in their life so they just don't give a poo about school. So sometimes class is rough especially for kids like me who want to keep learning or tend to get overly excited over certain topics :oops: For example this kid Austin in my class (an elective, it's mythology) was making a point and recently we had these 4 seniors join into the elective class because they needed another class to graduate and since ours was a small class it was the only one available. So one of them made fun of Austin and the other seniors laughed and he got so upset and I felt so bad for him because he was right and perfectly just in making his point. but it ended well because my teacher told them to stop and then yelled at them a little and they didn't talk for the rest of the classes. I also feel ashamed for not saying something to them myself but I didn't want to get in trouble :oops:
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby wren on October 7th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Bumping for newbies, and also for ancients that have made changes! :)
wren

Postby sin on October 7th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Says it all

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on October 10th, 2012, 3:15 pm

sin wrote:Says it all

Image Only you could be so direct, sis!

I like the new look & siggy! Image

wren

Postby MsKitty on October 16th, 2012, 5:44 am

LOL! I like your quote Wren :) So true!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby wren on October 16th, 2012, 9:32 am

MsKitty wrote:LOL! I like your quote Wren :) So true!

Why, thank you! 8-)
wren

Postby terri on January 25th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Sin,

So what is your avator now Sin? I read through this topic but couldn't find any info on it. I'm just so curious... it's very scary.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 26th, 2013, 9:11 am

terri wrote:Sin,

So what is your avator now Sin? I read through this topic but couldn't find any info on it. I'm just so curious... it's very scary.

Terri

That's what Seashell said about it, Terri! :lol: I'm not sin, but I can tell you about it, since I helped create it. ;) The answer is in sin's new siggy.

Sin the Fury sin's avatar is one of the "Furies"

"The Roman goddess of vengeance. They are equivalent to the Greek Erinyes. The Furies, who are usually characterized as three sisters (Alecto, Tisiphone, and Magaera) are the children of Gaia and Uranus. They resulted from a drop of Uranus' blood falling onto the earth. They were placed in the Underworld by Virgil and it is there that they reside, tormenting evildoers and sinners. However, Greek poets saw them as pursuing sinners on Earth. The Furies are cruel, but are also renowned for being very fair." (Encyclopedia Mythica™ )

In human form, they appear as mourners in long black robes or maidens in short skirts and boots. I made the avatar from a picture sin picked out. Below is a small version of the same design that I embellished for her Facebook profile photo. It's meant to be scary looking! Bwahahahahaaaa! As sin's favorite holiday is Halloween, and she was having a particularly horrific day when she decided she wanted a new avatar, scary & furious was the way to go! 8-)

Be afraid....be very afraid!

wren

Postby sin on January 26th, 2013, 9:33 am

it is also keeping with my S1 Piper persona (from Charmed). In one episode she was "smoked" and turned into a fury. Not to mention I was VERY ticked one day and instead of saying something that could have gotten me banned I changed my avatar. :) So as wren said: " Be afraid, be very afraid. bauhahahaha

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby terri on January 28th, 2013, 10:31 am

Sin,
Well your avatar is very scary. Very creative as I like how you redirected your 'fury' here. However I still don't want to make you mad... like EVER!

Wren,
You understand the meaning behind Sin's avatar so well... will we see a scary change in your avatar in the near future perhaps?

Thanks for the explanation ladies. I should consider an avatar change too... hmm...

Terri
terri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion