Contest #13 - Hardcover copy of Bite Before Christmas

These are the contests specifically targeted toward frequent forum users.

Contest #13 - Hardcover copy of Bite Before Christmas

Postby terri on January 24th, 2013, 11:59 am

I see we haven't had a contest in a while so this is for a signed hardcover copy of The Bite Before Christmas.

According to their story Teddy and Katricia had a VERY nice Christmas, which was the first time in a long time for them both. So tell us your favorite part of this past Christmas. Doesn't have to be long!

Good luck all! And the contest closes by February 11th. Just in time for Valentines!

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Re: Contest #13 - Hardcover copy of Bite Before Christmas

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 25th, 2013, 11:49 am

I think my Favorite part about this past Christmas was that we were able to have a Christmas at all. Between Hubby not working the entire month of December due to health issues, and the Kids and I being sick at the time, It was a wonder that we Managed to be able to buy the kids some gifts, let alone get a Nice Dinner on the table. But we did, and everyone enjoyed themselves, and my son Loves his Big Boy Bike that has the Cars 2 Charactors on it. He also got a Cars 2 Helmet and both of the Cars Movies for Christmas.
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on January 25th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Thank-you for posting with such honesty GrlNxtDr. I'm relieved to hear that you were able to have a nice holiday even with your entire family feeling ill. Are you all feeling better now?

Your one boy is really into Disney’s Cars! He does have good taste. ☺

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby sin on January 26th, 2013, 9:44 am

my favorite part of this past Christmas was not only shopping for but watching the wee one open his presents.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 26th, 2013, 12:19 pm

For the most part everyone is doing Better, Terri, although Hubby is still having complications. He had emergency Surgery at the begininning of December to repair a perfurated ulcer, and has a Ileus (Constriction or Blockage of the Bowel).
grlnxtdr29

Postby LRF91 on January 27th, 2013, 11:06 am

My favorite part of this Christmas was seeing that my son still believes in Santa and the magic of Christmas. He's at the age that this may be the last one to believe. He was so excited...it was wonderful!
LRF91

Postby terri on January 28th, 2013, 10:14 am

Thank-you Sin and LRF91 for your entries!

Sin... I'm sure it took him a while to open his gifts eh? :-)

LRF91... WHAT! Santa's not real!!!

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby missywoo on January 31st, 2013, 1:04 pm

This Christmas was really quite for us just myself ,husband and daughter..oh and the animals 1dog and 3 cats :lol:
missywoo

Postby terri on January 31st, 2013, 6:03 pm

GrlNxtDr,

(Somehow I missed your msg last time I was here)
Your hubby still has complications? I hope this gets resolved. Bowel obstruction is not fun. I have read that ileus can occur after surgery so hopefully it will get resolved soon. :(

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby wren on February 1st, 2013, 12:20 pm

My favorite part of this past Christmas was my family enjoying all the traditions that are unique to us, especially as we had just got over the flu. Since we weren't sure we were going to be well, it was so nice to be healthy & together! My hubby & I began many of our traditions before our sons were born, and some were added or refined after they came along. We've never lived very near our extended families, and we made a choice that we wouldn't travel over Christmas Day each year, so slowly we blended traditions that were part of our growing up years into our own way of celebrating. We always have homemade tacos on Christmas Eve, and then my dear hubby bakes cookies for the family & for Santa Claus' special plate. There is always gift wrap for the presents from Santa Clause that is different from all the other wrapped gifts...after all, surely the elves have different wrapping paper for all those gifts they pack in Santa's big sack! ;) We have French Toast on Christmas morning, and spend the day enjoying time with each other and enjoying the gifts we've opened together. We always have a time before a late Christmas Dinner when we reflect on the birth of Jesus and true meaning of Christmas. Because our sons are almost grown up and may be having Christmas in their own homes in a few short years, this past year my husband and I enjoyed reminiscing about Christmas and our traditions from our last 20 years with them. While our traditions bring continuity to Christmas each year, they also help us make new memories to share the next year. :)
wren

Next

Return to Forum Contests