What are you Watching?

Re: What are you Watching?

Postby Denise on May 30th, 2013, 12:21 am

I love the River Song episodes, too, grlnxtdr. And Matt is the only doctor we've seen.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on May 30th, 2013, 6:25 am

I'm sorry ladies, but I'm an old-time Dr. Who fan. I like these new episodes and marvel at the quality of the special effects now, but my favorite Dr. is, and always will be, Tom Baker! No getting around it!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on May 30th, 2013, 11:26 am

I Love Tom Baker too! He's my second Favorite Doctor! Peter Davidson was good too, but after they Killed Adric, I stopped watchinh, until the Movie Came out. Then I started watching the newer ones, but couldn't stand Rose, so really didn't start paying attention till Donna was Introduced. David Tennant was a good Doctor, but I hate the fact that so Many people whine that his run is over and Matt Smith is now the Doctor. I know it happens every time there is a regeneration, but still, you know it's going to happen eventually, so get over it. When Matt Smith leaves and a new Doctor takes his place, I'll be sad, but I'm not going to whine about it...
grlnxtdr29

Postby Denise on July 17th, 2013, 2:53 am

I'm going to miss Matt, though! He was what got us to watching the Doctor and it will be a difficult adjustment. Just hope the new one will be as fun as Matt has been.
Denise

Postby TomEC on March 4th, 2016, 2:48 pm

One show, I've been watching on Netflix lately, that I can't say enough good things about is Longmire.

Walter Longmire, is everything you might imagine in a heroic modern day sheriff, He's a man of few words who's tough, smart, and can handle himself in a fight. He's also deeply compassionate with an emotional depth rarely seen in any fictional lawman.

There's a fascinating cast of characters on the show whom you can't help but care about. The episodes are incredibly well plotted. It's probably one of the best written shows out there and that's saying something.

Of course, I might be a little biased since the beautiful setting of this series, the big sky country of Wyoming, reminds me so much of home.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on May 14th, 2016, 6:48 am

TomEC wrote:One show, I've been watching on Netflix lately, that I can't say enough good things about is Longmire.

Walter Longmire, is everything you might imagine in a heroic modern day sheriff, He's a man of few words who's tough, smart, and can handle himself in a fight. He's also deeply compassionate with an emotional depth rarely seen in any fictional lawman.

There's a fascinating cast of characters on the show whom you can't help but care about. The episodes are incredibly well plotted. It's probably one of the best written shows out there and that's saying something.

Of course, I might be a little biased since the beautiful setting of this series, the big sky country of Wyoming, reminds me so much of home.

I'm watching Longmire too! It's based on a mystery book series, but I haven't looked for them yet. The show has been picked up as a Netflix original starting this fall. The premier is in September. Can't wait to get back into it! :)

Right now, I'm catching up on Arrow with my sons. We are only a few episodes in, but I like it...then again, I like superhero shows & films. So far, we've binged watched Numbers, Chuck, Broadchurch, and Longmire on Netflix. All of them have been good shows. Chuck is a goofy spoof of spies & silly characters, but it's lots of fun. :lol: :D
wren

Previous

Return to General Discussion