A Mothers Way anthology

A Mothers Way anthology

Postby lisa on July 20th, 2008, 11:19 am

Just got thru rereading Mother, May I in this anthology. Had read it years ago but had never realized how much Lady Margaret of Fairley was like some other mother we know and love. ( except for the living for a long time, teeth and variorus vampire issues). Lady Margaret of Fairley is determined that her son will marry, be happy and then have grandbabies. If you havent read it, please read while waiting on the other books that are coming out this fall. IT IS A HOOT!
lisa

Re: A Mothers Way anthology

Postby wren on July 20th, 2008, 11:34 am

I'll have to find this anthology, lisa! I haven't even seen it! Lady Margaret, huh? Did you know Lynsay always has a character named Maggie, Margaret, Marguerite, Meg, or some variation of the name in honor and memory of her mother? I think that is really special. :)
wren

Postby lisa on July 20th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Wren I found it at a used book store. It was published in 2002. That may be the only way you will be able to find this book. I had read it years ago and forgotten how funny the stories in it are. I have turned in alot of my books there over the years and I had to go back and find some of the older historicals in this way. Of course, Argeneau books I buy new, since I CANT WAIT, and Daves explaination of how authors dont make money on used books. I always thought if I turned in the books for other people to read I was doing a good thing by getting other people to get reading my favorite author, and then they would also buy new books cause they couldnt wait. I dont trade in my Argeneau books, I just loan them to other people who will give them back.
lisa

Postby wren on July 20th, 2008, 1:45 pm

I no longer loan my Lynsay Sands books. I will help people find where they can get them, but I find that sometimes the books don't remember how to come home when I loan them out. :lol: I often buy them for gifts now for family members or friends that I know would enjoy Lynsay's books. :)
wren

Postby lisa on July 20th, 2008, 2:17 pm

If you to Lynsays website there is an excerpt of her story under the picture of Mothers way.
lisa

Postby Denise on July 20th, 2008, 11:32 pm

I, too, enjoyed this story. I read it quite some time ago back when I first started reading the Argeneaus and started hunting down copies of all of Lynsay's books. I think I liked the rest of the stories, as well.
Denise

Return to Discuss the anthologies