****One Lucky Vampire 9/24/13****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

****One Lucky Vampire 9/24/13****ONLY if read the Book

Postby sin on September 15th, 2013, 12:19 pm

OLV Spoilers...ONLY if you have read the book...
If NOT then do not read if you do not want to know!!!!!!!

This is just a reminder. As you know this topic WILL contain spoilers from the book. If you have not read the book and do NOT want to know what happens please do not read any further. Please REMEMBER if you wish to make comments about a hypothetical immortal person or couple please use one of the many rabbit trails or start a new topic. Thank you.

Watch this space on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 for discussing, theorizing, and plotting. E-Reader owners feel free to post and get the discussion going if you wish.

We first met Sephpano Notte in Vincent's story ABTR. If you recall he was fatally injured and to save his life Vincent turned him. Well to say Stephano was not happy is an understatement. He has been hiding & brooding since then.

Since he has a "new" life he has a "new" name. Jake Colson. Which is still his real name, just part of it: Stephano Jacob Colson Notte

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Re: ****One Lucky Vampire 9/24/13****ONLY if read the Book

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 24th, 2013, 12:17 pm

OK, Downloaded the Book shortly Before Midnight Central time, and Finished it at 6:20 this Morning. LOVED IT! First thing, those Sonic Mouse traps? Forget them. They Don't work, and gave This Mortal a Headache! (Hmmm, Maybe I should have my blood tested for Nanos. I Can hear Dog Whistles, too....) I figured out as soon as she Mentioned the traps that Jake would probably have some reaction to it with the hightened hearing.

One thing confused me. Jake is Julius's nephew, but I wasn't exactly certain about his relationship to Roberto, since I thought Julius had No Brothers?

I Loved seeing Dante and Tommaso again! I love those twins! I can't wait to learn more about them and their future Lifemates! (Still think a Mistaken Identy story with the twins would be kind of funny!

I was so certain that Joey's girlfriend was going to turn out to be Jake's Former Fiancee! But she was just as bad. I'd Like to see Joey with an Immortal. maybe one of Martine's Girls?

And speaking of Girls, I want to know more about Julius's sisters, too.

Nina seems interesting. When I first saw the name I thought it was a typo and she was talking about Christian's Cousin.

It was kind of an interesting twist that Margurite sent Jake as a Bodyguard, only to find out he was the target all along!

I'll write more later, gotta go get ready to take daughter to Dr.'s Appointment....
grlnxtdr29

Postby sin on September 25th, 2013, 1:32 pm

gnd: Roberto is Julius's brother-in-law. He was married to Rosa no children.
http://www.lynsaysands.net/books/argeneau/NotteFamilyTree_Web.pdf Notte family tree :)

I know what you mean about those mousetraps & dog whistles. I hear sounds others can not. Drives them crazy. :)

Loved Stephano. He cracked me up. Me thinks he will go back to being Stephano in the future.

Took me a few minutes to figure out the Pinocchio referencer. But I did before it was explained. The twins are a trip.

Elaine reminds me a little of Marguerite. I hope we will be seeing more of her in the future.

more laters

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby rockie on September 27th, 2013, 10:00 am

I loved the book! It was amazing! :)
I about died laughing! :) I really cant wait for the next book to come out! :)
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby susan60625 on September 27th, 2013, 10:44 am

Absolutely loved the book, Lynsay! You did it again!

It was good to see some of the older characters back in this book. Wren, I bet you were excited to see your honey again! ;) I don’t think we’ve seen Vincent and Jackie since V,I! They’ve been in California for way too long! Lynsay, you must bring them back to Toronto! Vincent’s beginning to sound bored. BTW, I love how he did research for the PI job with Jackie – watching television! :lol: That boy will always be an actor and he should just get that through his head! Either that or maybe he should come give Lucian a hand with the enforcers. Jackie would be good at that, as well.

I’m glad to see more of the relationship between Stephano and Neil. I think now that Stephano has come to terms with whom and what he is, their relationship will get better again. I also think that once Nicole’s divorce is final, she and Jake will move to California. Stephano can go back to work for VA Productions and give Neil a break! Maybe then Marguerite can start doing her thing for Neil!

I absolutely can’t stand Joey’s fiancée! That woman gives the term plastic a whole new meaning! I hope that when Jackie and Vincent went to check on them, they gave Joey a little “push” into realizing what a waste she was! After all, he really is ‘family’ now. :?

I kind of like the idea of GND’s about one of Martine’s girls for Joey. But I think it should be one of the twins. I’m kind of liking Elsbeth for Neil! We really need to see more of Martine in the US! She’s been in England for far too long! The twins should be out of college by now, maybe they need to get into the family business in Toronto? Huh? How about it Lynsay? 8-)

Question. Does anyone know how old the Dante and Tomasso are? :? Since they still eat, I always assumed they were young. But the way Jake described them and their relationship with them in the past; I’m now getting the impression that they are older than I originally thought. And they just have an abnormally long liking for food! :twisted:

That’s it for now. More later.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 27th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Hey Sue, i can't give you an exact age on the twins, but I recall reading somewhere that they were just over 100 years old, or was it just under 100?
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on September 28th, 2013, 2:33 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Hey Sue, i can't give you an exact age on the twins, but I recall reading somewhere that they were just over 100 years old, or was it just under 100?

GND, that's what I thought too. But then now I'm thinking that maybe that was just an impression because they are always eating! But some of Stephano's comments about how they used to have to "suck necks" before and how, even though Stephano is in his late fifties, he remembers them from when he was a kid and that they were old men, even then make me think that maybe they are older than we thought. I guess we'll have to wait for Lynsay to write those books!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on September 29th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Hi everyone! Yeah I’m still alive. I just read it and I have to say, another fine book and the Argeneau series. I’ve been depressingly busy lately but I will always make time to read another one these. Here are some of the thoughts rolling around in my head when I was done.

:idea: When Stephano briefly appeared in ABTR, I admit that I didn’t give him much thought. He just seemed like a minor character that was barely there. His appearance only appeared to serve the purpose of ratcheting up the tension and leaving us wondering how Vincent was ever going to be with his lifemate now, which, of course, led to one of the most remarkable solutions to that problem in the entire series. If I’d been using the half brain I have, I would’ve realized that something interesting was up with Stephano because why, otherwise, would he simply turn down an incredibly rare opportunity to live on into the indefinite future in perfect health with no expiry date. I know I wouldn’t. Stephano, a.k.a. Jake, turned out to be a really interesting and cool guy.

:idea: Another appearance by Marguerite is always welcome to me. I might’ve known that she would make a terrific patron for any artist. Everyone should have someone like her in their corner.

:idea: I really like Nicole. She’s a sweetheart for sure. She’s also a creative and I can identify with that. I have plans to do some portrait painting myself ,though it won’t be with literal paint but with my camera, a Wacom tablet and a software program called Corel Painter. I’m in awe of people who still do paintings the traditional way. They can’t simply press undo when they make a mistake.

:idea: Like Susan, I too was glad to see more of Vincent and Jackie. I’ve been missing them. I hope we see more of them in future books. After all, Jackie’s a cool PI. What’s not to love about that? Every series needs a cool PI.

:idea: I agree with you, Sin. Dante and Tommaso are always great fun, a couple of real cool big lugs. It was nice to hear then string together more than a couple of words at a time. I was pretty sure there was a pair of really sharp minds behind those silent façades. Lynsay (or perhaps one should say Marguerite) would have an interesting challenge finding both of them lifemate. Another pair of twins? Would one book cover both of them or should there be two. If it were up to me, there would be two because, well, two book!

:idea: Joey’s girlfriend was unbelievable. I would like to say that it’s impossible that anyone could be that shallow and self-absorbed. I would like to say that, but I can’t. Joey must have an industrial strength blind-spot when it comes to her. I know what part of his body he’s really thinking with and it’s just sad.

:idea: Stephano, a.k.a. Jake (is there consensus on which name it should be?) has a nice family. I think his mom is pretty terrific. Again, I’ve got agree with you Sin, she seems kind of Marguerite-like. (I ain’t complaining) I hope we see more of his family in future books.

:idea: I have to admit, I was ready and willing to believe Joey was the culprit. I’m not fond the name ‘Joey.’ When I was a kid, someone I had the misfortune of knowing ruined that name for me. I was completely surprised by who the real culprit turned out to be. I’d totally overlooked him. I’m ashamed to admit that I was a bit annoyed by that. I guess I don’t like finding out that I’m not as clever as I think I am. I find that out way to often for my liking.

Another wonderful book Lynsay. I can’t wait for the next one.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby orionsfaith on October 5th, 2013, 6:50 pm

One thing confused me. Jake is Julius's nephew, but I wasn't exactly certain about his relationship to Roberto, since I thought Julius had No Brothers?

Through marriage, no blood

I Loved seeing Dante and Tommaso again! I love those twins! I can't wait to learn more about them and their future Lifemates! (Still think a Mistaken Identy story with the twins would be kind of funny!
Took me a few minutes to figure out the Pinocchio referencer. But I did before it was explained. The twins are a trip.
Would one book cover both of them or should there be two. If it were up to me, there would be two because, well, two book!

That was hilarious, it’s nice to see them in a setting where they’re the oldest. Forgot they were over 100!
Better still, TWO books cover BOTH of their stories at the SAME time. That means the 1st book would be a cliffhanger but the torture would be well worth it! :-P

I was so certain that Joey's girlfriend was going to turn out to be Jake's Former Fiancee! But she was just as bad. I'd Like to see Joey with an Immortal. maybe one of Martine's Girls?

I did too!!! And yea, problem with new characters is I always want them to come back, especially Jakes bodyguard friend. :-D

And speaking of Girls, I want to know more about Julius's sisters, too.

ditto

Nina seems interesting. When I first saw the name I thought it was a typo and she was talking about Christian's Cousin.

me too, figured it was either her or the heroine's ex-hooker friend from TRV

I hope that when Jackie and Vincent went to check on them, they gave Joey a little “push” into realizing what a waste she was!

Totally thought they were going to do that. I was surprised when the Twins and/or Jake didn’t even try to control/relax Joey during his last visit.

I was ready and willing to believe Joey was the culprit.… I was completely surprised by who the real culprit turned out to be. I’d totally overlooked him. I’m ashamed to admit that I was a bit annoyed by that. I guess I don’t like finding out that I’m not as clever as I think I am.

Tell me about it! I was happy with the first twist but that 2nd one threw me for a mega-crazy loop. Seriously, I want a follow up on some/all of these crazies, maybe Leo will set them all free and turn them!!!! Think: guy who tried to stake Elvi, Priest from the very first book, and my personal fav: Girl brainwashed by Ernie in Nicholas’ book. And the list goes on.

Stephano/Jake being gone for 7 years kind of threw me off. At first I thought the timeline was getting pushed up, but assuming we're going on the book timeline (2006). That being said, the 15 yr old vamp prodigy should be 17 now, guessing she will have her own book in a year or so....or 5.....FUN!

Always fun to read a Lynsay book, can't wait till the next one!
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby WonderlandBeat1990 on October 7th, 2013, 4:50 pm

The twins were such a riot in this book. From the Pinnochio references to their way in aiding Stephano in telling Nicole about them. I hope to see more of them in the near future, maybe a book of their own.
WonderlandBeat1990

Next

Return to Discuss the Series