****Vampire Most Wanted 2/18/14****ONLY if read the Book

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

****Vampire Most Wanted 2/18/14****ONLY if read the Book

Postby sin on February 16th, 2014, 5:29 pm

VMW Spoilers...ONLY if you have read the book...
If NOT then do not read if you do not want to know!!!!!!!

This is just a reminder. As you know this topic WILL contain spoilers from the book. If you have not read the book and do NOT want to know what happens please do not read any further. Please REMEMBER if you wish to make comments about a hypothetical immortal person or couple please use one of the many rabbit trails or start a new topic. Thank you.

Watch this space on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 for discussing, theorizing, and plotting. E-Reader owners feel free to post and get the discussion going if you wish.

We first met Marcus in Vincent's story A Bite to Remember then again in Marguerite's Vampire, Interrupted.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Re: ****Vampire Most Wanted 2/18/14****ONLY if read the Book

Postby sin on February 18th, 2014, 9:17 am

Oh. My. Stars. VMW was a fantastic read. It kept me in suspense until the end and I still wanted more. Congratulation Lynsay on another hit. Finished it between 3:30 & 4 this morning.

I really felt for both Basha & Marcus. They way Lynsay tied the Rouge Hunter books into this on was genius. There were times I really wanted to "Gibbs Slap" Basha :D At times I felt real sorry for her and what she went through.

The child & grandson's the "thought" were hers. Heartbreaking (even tho you know what has to happen and are also glad they are not)

And poor Marcus, I had flashbacks to TAV and Victor.snickers & owie

It was great to see other immortal couples and their interaction. Vincent & Jackie, Tiny & Beau.

Betcha now Marcus has more understanding on how Julius felt being able to read his broadcasted thoughts. Lol

It was kind of "funny", because I was telling a couple of forum sisters that I bet Basha & Leo were lifemates.

And my man Lucian made an appearance towards the end and he even made a funny. Tears were rolling I was laughing so hard. Poor Marcus (shakes head)

And I dying to find our how Marguerite had a hand in getting them together. Yes I know it was her "suggestion" for Marcus to help out Lucian but I still wonder if she met Basha beforehand. (Inquiring minds want to know)

I can not wait to see what is going to come next.
So many more things to talk about but really, really want to do another read. Will be back laters to comment further.

sin

Postby susan60625 on February 18th, 2014, 10:26 am

Dang, sin! I have to wait for the UPS man and you've already read it! I skipped over your comments except for the fact that you've already read the book! So, until he gets here and I can get the book read, I will be avoiding this thread! See you on the other threads, though!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby orionsfaith on February 18th, 2014, 9:54 pm

i know i should wait till I finish but I can't! I just have to tell SOMEBODY about how crazy this is...making me

I mean it's soooo hard to see Leonius/Damian in a familial way, I mean ok I guess I can get the psycho-esque/every murderer has a Mom draw but....it's a romance book! oooo it's sooo weird, how can Divine/Basha be sooo clueless, sure human moms can be but they only have 50/60 yrs of figuring things, we're talking centuries of your son murdering and TORTURING i MEAN.....ok ok, just a book, i'm sure it's gonna work out and she'll say/think something like 'I guess a part of me/her knew all along' WHAT?1 omygosh...weird..../rant

carry on....

....and did she NOT see that one girl, can't think of her name, the one that worshiped and wanted to be her, I assume she was hidden away but girl apparently got a great look at her and honestly I REALLY hope Divine runs into her this book, it would be nice to see the girls life get turned around for the better, suuure she 'might' be cracked beyond all repair, but still, it'd be neat....
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 19th, 2014, 7:51 am

I Loved the Book! I was up til 3 30 reading it, so will probably have to do a reread to pick up on some stuff I Missed. One thing, though, I Hope it turns out that Basha's Daughter is Alive and Abby Lied about Beheading Her. Maybe Leo managed to Save her some how?
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on February 20th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Loved it!! Still savoring & need to reread before posting thoughts.
Do remember sin talking about her suspicion that Leo & Basha might be life mates,
back when we were trying to think of how she could be connected to the no-fangers.
gnd, I too had thought about the little girl & wondered if she survived. Because of his
feelings for Basha. Leo may have felt differently about their daughter. Besides, we only
have Abbadin's side of the story, and he is one sick, twisted dude. He was truly jealous, but
I don't think he could have truly loved Leo, because true love doesn't seek to gain by using
another or act spitefully if the other person doesn't feel the same. Lots to discuss regarding VMW!

Thinking back to 21 & Stephanie...I think he must have felt that possible life mate connection, even
If he didn't know about life mates or nanos. We now know that no fangers can be a life mate, even though
they are insane. We already knew edentates could be life mates, but have concerns about having children.
I just wasn't sure, due to the insanity, if no fangers could be, but the nanos must still recognize potential life mates.
It makes me wonder if the nano-connection between life mates, that both Marguerite & Stephanie can see or sense, is one of the ways the nanos have provided their hosts to survive. :)
wren

Postby orionsfaith on February 20th, 2014, 5:21 pm

I really felt for both Basha & Marcus. They way Lynsay tied the Rouge Hunter books into this on was genius. There were times I really wanted to "Gibbs Slap" Basha :D At times I felt real sorry for her and what she went through.

So true, I was SO glad to finally get more news on Leo II. In the end it was a roller coaster of emotion regarding Basha. I get that she's still traumatized in a way. Maybe she no longer cries but the emotional abuse she endured....well considering Abaddon kept reinforcing it every time they met I can kind of see why she never fully recovered enough after 2k yrs to see Damian for what he truly is.

And poor Marcus, I had flashbacks to TAV and Victor.snickers & owie
It was great to see other immortal couples and their interaction. Vincent & Jackie, Tiny & Beau.

Really though! I was wondering who would get turned this book but instead poor Marco took all the hits, ouchies. The busted nut situation though was mega funny...in hindsight.
Awww, Vincent's cute and the scene with him yelling up at Jackie, classic. I love Tiny so much it's ridonkulous, think he may be my official guy fav now....

It was kind of "funny", because I was telling a couple of forum sisters that I bet Basha & Leo were lifemates.

Way to go sin! Though I guess that woulda made sense if she was a true rogue like I originally thought, but this fact threw me for a loop after reading the book and getting to know her. Talk about bad/good luck.....craziness....

I Hope it turns out that Basha's Daughter is Alive and Abby Lied about Beheading Her.

I was hoping that too!!!! I can't see it if Ab was with Basha the whole time but then again she was kind of out of it....

Thinking back to 21 & Stephanie...I think he must have felt that possible life mate connection, even
If he didn't know about life mates or nanos.

I've thought that too ever since the book, but since he died I wondered what the point was. Maybe a clue/foreshadowing?

I can not wait to see what is going to come next.

Glad to say I'm at least partially sated. I have a feeling the end of Leo II may be the end of the series....hopefully not though. Wonder how many more in between books I'll have to endure (happily enough) before the FINAL SHOWDOWN. Oooo and I hope EVERY SINGLE character is in on that one! *squee*

In the mean time, I'm ready to read more about Stephanie.

ION: I love Lucian and all but thought he was a little harsh in demanding Divine accept her birth name right then and there. Perhaps him reading her mind let him know how she'd respond....I imagined him getting chocked up during his speech. He's such a softie ;-P

Question: Had it been mentioned before that mortals could get pregnant by immortals? That was surprising to me.

Great work Lynsay, obviously. Quite an intense world you've built for us. Yay and thanks. :-D
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby susan60625 on February 20th, 2014, 9:52 pm

orionsfaith wrote:Glad to say I'm at least partially sated. I have a feeling the end of Leo II may be the end of the series....hopefully not though.

Bite your tongue! The way Lynsay keeps expanding the family trees of both the Argeneau's and the Notte's, I'm hoping that there are a lot more stories to be told! She still has to bring back in Basileios, if nothing else but to be a thorn in Lucian's side! :twisted: Plus, there are still several children of Martine's to be mated up, along with the Notte twins and several other enforcers. Are there other Notte daughters? Are there other Argeneau brothers? Does Marcus have any siblings? Do Dante and Tomasso have any other siblings? What about Drina's brothers?

As for my thoughts on the book ... Well, I just finished and I really need to ponder everything a bit more. However, I really enjoyed the story. As sin said there were several times I wanted to "Gibbs-slap" Basha, but in the end I got over it. I loved the interaction with Vincent and Jackie, and then with Tiny and Mirabeau! Love them! I also loved Marcus talking about his time with Julius and Christian.

Oooo! I just thought of something! If there is going to be a final battle to get rid of Abbadon and Leonius, this may mean bringing the other enforcers into play. Since they are out on the west coast, that battle would probably occur out there. AND, if I'm not mistaken, isn't Justin Bricker from California? Maybe we can find out a bit more about his history while we are at it? Sounds like a plan to me!

All in all, Lynsay, I have to compliment you on yet another wonderful chapter in the Argeneau saga. I can't wait for more!
susan60625

Postby sin on February 20th, 2014, 11:11 pm

We can still have the end of Leo and his sons without it ending the series.

According to the tree on the Notte side we have at least 4 immortals who need lifemates. The twins are further down the road in my mind as they still eat. IT was good to hear them referenced in the book.

It will be something when Basha meets the rest of her family. Of course I do not envy her when it comes to meeting Decker & Dani. Of course Marcus & Lucian will be there to protect her. And when Uncle Lucian speaks YOU listen.

Marcus actually thought he was going to go after Lucian?!? Seriously?!? That brought tears to my eyes laughing so hard.

I have a feeling that there is more to Basha that we have not heard yet. Going to be interesting on how all of this ties up.

Well I have yet another Old and Grumpy to add to my BC list.

sin

Postby susan60625 on February 20th, 2014, 11:19 pm

Sin, I had to laugh when "Gran" told Basha that her Uncle Lucian was really a softie! I really loved Marcus's reaction to that, as well!
susan60625

Next

Return to Discuss the Series