***The Immortal Who Loved Me 2/24/15***Comment Only If Read

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

***The Immortal Who Loved Me 2/24/15***Comment Only If Read

Postby susan60625 on February 18th, 2015, 9:12 pm

This topic is for discussion of the new book The Immortal Who Loved Me. This is your SPOILER ALERT. Do not proceed if you haven't read the book if you don't want the ending spoiled.

REMEMBER, YOU WERE WARNED! :lol: ;) :mrgreen:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: ***The Immortal Who Loved Me 2/24/15***Comment Only If R

Postby Denise on February 19th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Only 5 more days! Can hardly wait.
Denise

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 25th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Ok, Just Finished The Immortal Who Loved Me. First off, Basil has 22 kids, so that is at least another 22 stories after Bricker and the Nottes, so I am so Happy to read that!

I have to laugh at the Sherry and Basil Combination. Ok, I know he isn't named after the Spice, and she probably isn't named after the wine, but together Sherry and Basil make great pizza sauce!

So Glad Leo is Dead, but what about his other sons? And the guy that made him the sociopath he is? I forget his name at the moment, From Vampire Most Wanted.

I know that it has been mentioned before that Immortals have other laws besides the one child every hundred years, only turning one mortal in their lifetime, and no biting except in emergencies. It was interesting to learn one of their other laws in this book. And the Punishment for it made me cringe just thinking about it! I wonder what some of the other lesser laws are? And what their punishments are too!

I was confused about one thing, though. They thought a potential Life mate might have been messing with Sherry's memories, but if he was a Life mate, he wouldn't have been able to mess with her memories, even as a child, would he? I thought they couldn't read or control each other at all, so unless he had an accomplice to wipe the memories, it couldn't have been a Life mate.

Did anyone else want to smack Bricker after his comments about his ideal Life mate? Now I really want his Life mate to be one of Bastien's Scientists, maybe someone small and a Little Frumpy, with glasses that make her eyes Look Owlish!

Can't wait until the next book!
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on February 26th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Dang it...I posted a huge response & somehow it's lost! :( I'll try again from the computer later!
wren

Postby lisa on February 26th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Bash and Elvi, and all the new turns need a Immortal Rule Book, delivered with their bagged blood! Also I think I remember Victor drinking from the bagged stuff now, so maybe that pesky anomaly has been cured? They don't have to feed off the hoof now? Something like beano?
lisa

Postby sin on February 26th, 2015, 9:29 pm

YES gnd I wanted to smack Bricker. Not just for that but to me he was acting like a pouty 2 year old.. lol. BUT I do have ideas as to why.

Glad Leo is dead. Felt like there should have been more addressed about how Basha felt afterwords. Hopefully this and a few other points will be addressed in the next book or soon after.

I am hoping that Stephanie does not go insane due to hearing all the voices more frequently.

I laughed so hard about PEP.

Glad they do not want to wait to get married.

Figured out that Sherry had an immortal in her life and thought it was LEX. Then when she talked about Uncle Al said ahha another immortal. Figured out Al and Lex were the same. Zander(LOVE that name :) ) was a good one. Did not figure that out.

Will have to reread slower and be back with more thought / comments / theories.

I enjoyed the story Lynsay. Did it again.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 26th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Wren, not sure about you but I have been having issues with lots of pages either not loading or not posting what I posted. Also been having issues with spotty internet connections. It says I am connected, but when I go to certain pages it says I can't connect, even though I am connected.
grlnxtdr29

Postby lisa on February 26th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Justin Bricker has always seemed upbeat and pesky with very playful personality. He seemed to be getting jealous and not so jokey in this book! Glad his book will be coming up soon, and can't wait to meet the lucky lady? Will she be a hunter that we haven't met yet? Older? Younger? Quite and bookish? Or wild and crazy, with Bricker having to be the stable one? Can't wait! I am sure she will be special!
lisa

Postby sin on February 26th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Was on the same thought lisa. Maybe he is doing something for Marguerite? It was so not like him to even go and say hi to her. His actions are leading up to his book adn I for one can not wait to have some previous questions answered :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby susan60625 on March 2nd, 2015, 8:05 pm

Well, I finally read the book! In five hours! September is too, too far away.

I loved the book. Had my concerns about the combination of Basil and Sherry at first because I thought he would be too stuffy. You know, an older Bastien. But he did manage to shake that image pretty quickly.

I loved seeing a lot of the other immortals who haven't been around much lately. Although I really would love to see more of Martine and the rest of her brood! I mean we got a brief mention of Decker in this book, but we haven't heard from Cale in forever and what about the other surviving older boys and the younger girls?

I'm glad we finally got the names of Lucian & Leigh's twins -- Luka and Gemma!

22 kids??????? I admit I almost spit out a mouthful of juice at that little gem! But I agree with GND, MORE BOOKS!

I know Lisa mentioned it, but I really think it was a boo-boo or oversight on Lynsay's part about Victor drinking bagged blood! Concussion talking!

I noticed the repeated phrases that Sherry was saying almost immediately and when Victor remarked that she must have been around an immortal without knowing it, I immediately thought of Luther, especially when he suddenly had to go to Saudi Arabia? But I just assumed he was a friend of the family and had to change identities because of not aging. After all, that's what the immortals did all the time in the past -- they'd live somewhere and have to move after a while because they couldn't let the neighbors realize they weren't aging. Though, I didn't put together Al + Lex + Xander = Alexander. Once it was revealed that he was her father, I immediately assumed he was much older, at least a century, but heck, he's younger than me!

I'm also glad that Sherry now has a large immortal family with the Morrone's. But, once again, my mind went to the obvious, MORE BOOKS!

I, also, agree with other people on different threads, who talked about Alexander getting his own lifemate. He really did turn his life around and tried to do what was best. I don't think I could have done what he did at the age he was when he realized his mistake.

I am extremely happy that Leo is finally dead! I'm sure there are other sons out there, but hopefully without their father's influence they can reform? Maybe not. I really feel sorry for Basha having to do what she did, however. That had to be rough. I'm glad she had Marcus there to help her.

As for Bricker, yes he's gotten pouty! I'm glad that his book is next, but I'm really intrigued to see who Lynsay matches up to him. She's going to have to be special to put up with him and I can't wait to hear the teasing that he's going to have to deal with. I expect to laugh quite a bit in this book.

On the whole, once again Lynsay, a great story. I'm so glad that you are feeling better and the stories are rolling again. Congratulations!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Next

Return to Discuss the Series