Check ins

Re: Check ins

Postby susan60625 on February 23rd, 2015, 12:58 pm

Yeah, Tom, we are trying. Yes, things have slowed down around here, especially since Lynsay was injured last year and the steady flow of new books slowed down. With Lynsay getting back in the swing of things and the release of the new book, we are trying to renew interest in the Forum. We do see each other on Facebook, but this is where we all met and it's comfortable to come home again! ;)
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Kath on February 24th, 2015, 2:11 am

Looks like it's working... things are picking up a bit here. Glad to see that! The games are more fun when lots of people join in.

My latest news? Got engaged to my long-time boyfriend!! We've been dating exclusively for over 3 years and he finally popped me an engagement ring while on vacation together in Atlanta last month.

He lives up here in NY now but he was originally from Atlanta and was showing me around his childhood neighborhood, etc.
Kath

Postby wren on February 24th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Congratulations Kath! Such wonderful news! :)
wren

Postby wren on February 24th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Checking in by phone to say hello! I'm immersed in the new book & pondering my answer to the forum contest question! I'll be back later to catch up on all the posts! :D
wren

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 25th, 2015, 8:44 pm

As many of you on FB already know, I have been having issues with the school district regarding my Daughter's schooling. For those of you not on facebook, basically, we moved from one school district to another in November of last year, and the new school district did not want to allow my Daughter to remain at the special education school she attends. After a 3 1/2 week period where she was out of school because the new district did not have a placement for her, they agreed to allow her to continue at The Black Hawk Center, which is one of the best special education schools in the Midwest. After some back and forth with the district and threatening them with legal action, they agreed that arrangements would be made to keep her there until the end of the 2014-2015 school year. However, they failed to pay the tuition for her to remain at the Center. So now we've had to file a Due Process request with a Stay Put Order to prevent another disruption or change in her schooling, since there were MAJOR issues with her after the last three and a half weeks, including an increase of aggressive behaviors, both towards herself and other students and staff. I will not tolerate another disruption.

I've also gone back to school myself to get my Associates degree in Photography, and am planning to open my own studio in the near future. Unfortunately a valuable piece of equipment I need for my class was stolen during shipping, so I am on the verge of failing one of my classes. I can retake the class at a later date, but it's just another layer of stress on top of everything else!
grlnxtdr29

Postby shaashaine on February 27th, 2015, 9:11 am

Sounds like a lot of stress GND. Hope things work out with your daughters school and your class as well.
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby wren on March 1st, 2015, 5:26 am

Hurray! I think I am caught up on all the posts. Now, a full series reread is in order. I was mixing up my books while trying to post in the games section! :o :shock: :lol: :D
wren

Postby rockie on March 4th, 2015, 6:55 pm

checking in..
since I havent in a long time!
super stoked have a month and twenty-two days before I GET MARRIED!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D
I have been super busy with work and wedding planning!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Kath on March 5th, 2015, 1:24 am

Congrats rockie! All the best to you.

Love is in the air. I'm engaged as well.
Kath

Postby rockie on March 5th, 2015, 10:30 pm

Thanks and congrats! Didn't you move recently? maybe a year a go or so!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

PreviousNext