***The Immortal Who Loved Me 2/24/15***Comment Only If Read

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

Re: ***The Immortal Who Loved Me 2/24/15***Comment Only If R

Postby wren on March 3rd, 2015, 4:47 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Wren, not sure about you but I have been having issues with lots of pages either not loading or not posting what I posted. Also been having issues with spotty internet connections. It says I am connected, but when I go to certain pages it says I can't connect, even though I am connected.

That is exactly what happened! It wouldn't post and the page to log in popped up, but I was already logged in. When I went back, the post was gone. Next time it's a long one, I will try to remember to copy it first, in case the site thinks the session has timed out or something goofy happens! Thanks!
wren

Postby Mabel48 on March 3rd, 2015, 12:32 pm

I haven't finished it yet but I found a curious item. When we first see Victor he is in the fridge getting bags of blood out and popping one to his fangs. Since when does Victor drink bagged blood? He can't survive on bagged blood. Also on my Kindle version at least they have changed JD's life mate from Mable to Hazel! :shock:
Mabel48
Mabel48

Postby susan60625 on March 3rd, 2015, 3:27 pm

Yes, Mabel, we have noticed a couple of small errors and the one big error that you've found. The other small error is Sam's hair color (Red instead of Black). The only thing we can think of is that Lynsay was rushing to get finished after being delayed by her injury. I, for one, would volunteer to be continuity proofreader for Lynsay if it were possible. That way we could catch these errors before they went to print! Did you hear that Lynsay? Just a suggestion! :lol: :oops: ;) :ugeek:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on March 3rd, 2015, 4:42 pm

So here I am at last having finished The Immortal Who Loved Me. Thanks Lynsay this is just what I needed since my current nonfiction read is this thing about cutting edge of particle physics. Man, is this thing heavy going. Still, who knows, maybe having some inkling about the Higgs field and the implications of Higgs bosons will be incredibly useful one day. It might be, right? Maybe?

Anyway, to my reward.

:idea: I love the name of the book. The Spy Who Loved Me is my favorite Bond movie.

:idea: What a great start, Stephanie just shows up, the action begins and we’re off to the races. We get the whole introduction to immortals and lifemates out of the way right away. There won’t be any hand wringing about how to break the news, or awkward lies to keep her in the dark until the right moment. That stuff always makes me squirm.

:idea: Bricker seems to be getting a little cranky. I understand that Lynsay is working on his story. He needs it soon, or at least to have someone smack him around a bit. Whoever the girl is, I expect that she’s going to be quite a character. I can hardly wait.

:idea: Twenty-two kids eh? I guess strange things can happen when you live for thousands of years.

:idea: This idea that prolonged exposure breeds some amount of immunity to a mortal mind reading is a neat idea, a nice addition to the lore.

:idea: When Sherry said that her friend Luther ended up taking a job in Saudi Arabia, I smelled a rat. Not that it’s actually implausible that someone might take a job there but… Saudi Arabia! Nothing against the good folks that have no choice but to live there but I can’t imagine how much money I would need to be offered before I would consider moving there myself. Maybe, since I’m a guy, it might be tolerable but that whole system gives me the creeps.

:idea: One thing I really enjoy about Sherry is that she asks some very intelligent questions and is a real thinker. She would make a good detective. She’s very observant.

:idea: It’s nice to see the self-evident fact that the nanos must have some form of intelligence mentioned. I’ve been waiting for someone to bring it up.

:idea: I really enjoyed going back to Port Henry and running into Elvi again. TAV is my favorite. That’s one thing about this series that’s so great, we get to go back and check in on the characters from time to time. It’s like catching up with old friends.

:idea: Was Victor really drinking bagged blood in this book? I would prefer to think this wasn’t a mistake and they found a cure. Wouldn’t that be cool?

:idea: That was a good set up during the shopping trip, raising the specter of Sherry being grabbed and turned by Leo the same way that Dani was. That one was playing in my head from the moment Sherry glimpsed a blond head across a parking lot.

:idea: Someday, Stephanie needs to find peace. Sure she’s free of Leo now but she has some unresolved issues. You realize, Lynsay, that you’re committed to sticking with this series until at least then, hopefully longer. Much longer.

:idea: I have to admit, I thought I was so clever putting it all together but I completely missed Al, Lex and Xander making Alexander. I like figuring things out but that was a good one.

:idea: I enjoyed the way immortal laws were fleshed out in this book. I always figured there should be more than been mentioned before.

:idea: Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! I can’t imagine how painful it would be to have my ‘crown jewels’ shredded even once. I’ve been banged in that part of me a few times in my life so I have an inkling of how sensitive it is. But as a punishment for rape, I can’t really find fault with it. I’m just glad that Alexander was only nineteen when he messed up so badly. He redeemed himself quite well in my eyes. I love a good redemption story.

:idea: I’m glad to see Leonius finally lose his head, though I would’ve liked to see Dani play a part in his downfall. Still, we have no shortage of villains with lots of little Leos running around not to mention this Abbadin character.

:idea: I particularly enjoyed the way the theme was woven through the story. The troublesome relationships between parents and children. I think we can all relate to so many of the ideas touched on here because we’ve all been either parents, children or both.

:idea: Much about Sherry’s story hit home with me. I was a teenager when I found out that my dad wasn’t my real dad and my actual father was a German guy I’d never met and probably never would. The thing that really upset me wasn’t that Dad wasn’t my real dad because he’d stepped up and adopted me and my brother and that made him my father in every way that mattered, no, what bothered me was that I had to find out about it from my cousin. I deserved to know the truth long before then, and I deserved to hear it from my parents. This book really resonated with me.

:idea: I wonder if I’d told Theresa that I loved her brain it might not of taken so long to win her over. I’m no Basileios Argeneau, so probably not. However, I really do love her brain.

:idea: Another great effort Lynsay. After more than twenty books, you might be forgiven for letting things lapse a bit but you clearly haven’t. The Argeneau universe just keeps getting richer.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby rockie on March 5th, 2015, 10:33 pm

LOL i notcied a bunch of errors, but the book was good. I have been thinknig about the end of the book though. I mean it was ok but I think there could have been a few more things explained.
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby shaashaine on March 6th, 2015, 7:12 am

rockie wrote:LOL i notcied a bunch of errors, but the book was good. I have been thinknig about the end of the book though. I mean it was ok but I think there could have been a few more things explained.

I am with you on the explaining part Rockie. Although in my case, I think I just wanted to read a little longer lol. Went through a bit of an Immortal withdrawal (like I always do after reading a new one). Currently getting my fix with SWV and would probably read the rest after just to refresh my memory of everyones story since the only one I really know like the back of my hand is VaF (that's just coz I'm biased) :lol:

I know Basil isn't named after the spice, but even after he explained how to pronounce his name to everyone I still read it as Bay-sil instead of Baw-sil. anyone else do that? :?

Really loved TIWLM though, and I cant wait for Bricker to finally get his lifemate. It seems like we've been waiting for it, or at least I have, since we first met him in BMIYC and definitely since Mortimer found Sam in the Rouge Hunter. Jeez that seems like a lifetime ago!
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby Denise on March 7th, 2015, 12:57 am

I found myself pronouncing Basil three different ways: short a, long a and short o. Never could get one to stick, though the long a was more common.

I still have my suspicions as to Bricker's mate and some of his issues regarding a mate.

I will be glad to see the rest of Leo's sons rounded up and especially Abbaddon (sp?). He's out there creating another Leo, you can be sure.

I didn't even catch the Victor and bagged blood issue. But my man, Bastien, has been working on this for some time. Maybe they finally got the formula right!

Now they can all rest a little and Bricker can have his comic relief story! It's nice to have a simple fun one in there with the serious ones, though I did enjoy TIWLM funny parts.

Really enjoyed the whole book. Was the first book I've read and not listened to in a while! Now for the withdrawals...
Denise

Postby Appoloin on April 12th, 2015, 5:52 am

Denise wrote:
Bricker can have his comic relief story!

Don't bet on that. Take a look at goodsreads' write up of "About a Vampire"
Appoloin

Postby wren on April 19th, 2015, 9:23 am

shaashaine wrote: I know Basil isn't named after the spice, but even after he explained how to pronounce his name to everyone I still read it as Bay-sil instead of Baw-sil. anyone else do that? :?

I pronounce it like the spice too. I think sin does also. I can't help it, because it looks like the spice so that's how I read it. Besides, after Stephanie's explanation to Sherry, I associate Basil Argeneau with a delicious Pizza! :lol: :D

Denise wrote:I still have my suspicions as to Bricker's mate and some of his issues regarding a mate.

I will be glad to see the rest of Leo's sons rounded up and especially Abbaddon (sp?). He's out there creating another Leo, you can be sure.

Now they can all rest a little and Bricker can have his comic relief story! It's nice to have a simple fun one in there with the serious ones, though I did enjoy TIWLM funny parts.

Agreed on suspicions regarding Bricker's possible family issues & issues about a life mate. While I know we will get plenty of Lynsay's comedy, I think we are going to see a complex, complicated, and serious story for Bricker...possibly another dark story. However, I don't think it will be related to Leo & his kin. Abby is out there creating Leo III, but he will need time, and I'm sure Marcus & Basha will be hunting them. I'm speculating that Bricker's story might return us to Armand & Rosamund, or at least where their part of Armand's story took place. Bricker's life mate, Holly, is already married, and he may be fighting for his mate & his life...hmmmm? :shock:
wren

Postby Denise on May 5th, 2015, 5:17 pm

OT: Back when I had my Bricker suspicions it was before we knew who she was. My suspicions were wrong. Will be interesting to see how that goes.
Denise

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the Series