Tell Us About Yourself

Tell Us About Yourself

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 1:47 am

This is just informational so we can come here to learn about each other. We can do our "Welcome" on the other thread. Just share what you are comfortable sharing but please include how you got started reading Lynsay's books. I'll let someone else go first this time.
Denise

Re: Tell Us About Yourself

Postby Copper on May 8th, 2008, 6:28 am

ok i will just start with the simples my name is claire know as copper im from Scotland and i study art at university i first lynsay book was Bite me if you can i was waiting to catch a 4 hour train journy and i was look to see if i could buy a book too read and i spoted it read the back at bought it and have never looked back :D

p.s. will add more when i can think of things
Last edited by Copper on May 8th, 2008, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby Gypsy on May 8th, 2008, 10:34 am

Well, my name is Terri, but everyone calls me Gypsy. I'm currently living with my sister wren who is the number one fan of Lynsay Sands, she got me to read TD&H and then she turned my daughter and my twin sister. As soon as I get my some good glasses, I'm going to read every one of Lynsay's books, especially the historicals. I have only one child and I am a identical twin (seashell belle). I love to write letters and I write fantasy fiction for my own reading pleasure. I was recently diagnosed with bipolar, but I am being treated really well by the doctors. I guess that is enough information about me for now. Thanks for this forum, it's cool.
Not all who wander are lost! J.R.R. Tolkien
~~~~~ SASSy ARGENEAUTS ~~~~~
**** AEA Sister of the Pixies ****
Gypsy

Postby Denise on May 8th, 2008, 12:47 pm

I'm Denise. Born and raised in Oklahoma with a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science minor. I've been a Stay-at-home Mom for the last 14.25 years and am loving it. I've been married for almost 19 years. We have four kids that keep us very busy and we added a dog to the fray two years ago.

I've been a reader all my life and started in romance with teen romances in grade school and progressed from there. My first Sands book was in 2006, one of the historicals, The Perfect Wife, which I loved but for some reason didn't pick up any more until I started reading paranormals. A Quick Bite cover caught my eye in March of 2007 and I now own all of her books and anthologies, two copies of the Argeneaus, plus hardbacks of the Avon Argeneaus. I've turned my sister and several ladies who were browsing through the bookstore.
Denise

Postby jill on May 8th, 2008, 7:22 pm

My name is Jill. I am 28 - No children or lifemate yet but that's okay because I have nephews and nieces that keep me plenty busy. I work as a bookkeeper in a local car dealership. Not much to say about me personally. I love to read and listen to music. Heavily into pop culture and movies. I will watch just about any movie (except the X rated kind of course:D) Always open to suggestion for new reads, music or movie recommendations. Absolutely love learning useless trivia facts and history.

I discovered Lynsay shopping one day in a grocery story. I say BMIYC on the book shelf and it was first paranormal romance that caught my eye. I bought as impulse and after the first chpt I was HOOKED!.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Stauri on May 8th, 2008, 9:24 pm

My real name is Lauri, my screen name is a nickname given to me in High School when a friend's mom mixed up the first letters of my first and last name. My nieces and nephews call me Lala. I'm originally from Arkansas, but moved to Houston, TX 7 years ago (kicking and screaming) when I got married. Decided to stay here after I was separated, so I like it here. I work as a Contract Analyst (negotiate vendor contracts for drilling and production) at an Oil and Gas Exploration Company. I have two Bachelor Degrees - a BSBA with an emphasis in Finance and a BS in management ( you can take the BS anyway you like that's about what they are worth now days). I should have went to Med School, lol. I work too much (I am addicted to my crackberry it goes off 24/7 and I travel too much all work though), and what little time I have I like to spend in the gym or reading (Lynsay of course). One of these days I'm going back to school to get my MBA (I just have to take and pass the GMAT-YUCK), last year I completed Real Estate School (Commercial) and next week work is sending me to get a Commercial/personal lines license in Insurance (yippee,NOT but hey they pay for it, why not).

I found Lynsay after researching vampire series while looking for something to fill my time between The Twilight Series, now I have to find something to fill my time waiting for Lynsay's next book. :|

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby sin on May 8th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Okay I guess I will do this.
Real name is Cindy. Screen name is Sin. That has been a nick name of mine for many a Millennium. Married. This Month it will be 4 years. No children but, 3 step-children. 2 boys married and the umm daughter is with her mother. Have a very wonderful and affectionate cat. But don't tell her. She thinks she is human. Like movies, music, travel, knitting. Hubby brought LB, SWV & TD&H home from work for me to read then took them back to one of his operators. Not much to tell. Have said a lot in the past. Maybe too much.

Last edited by sin on May 8th, 2008, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby shaashaine on May 8th, 2008, 10:37 pm

bReal name: Reshaine..no one ever calls me that unles theyre mad (its mostly mom though :D ). Originally from the Philippines and still torn on whether i am asian or pacific islander :?: well me and some friends are debating about it... came here when i was 10 yrs old, the only english under my belt were yes and no. went to ESL class, struggled for a while and finally learned english..now i want to learn Spanish, its close enough to my native tounge that i dont have to struggle too much and i heard its one of the easiest language to learn. I got hooked on art in 6th grade when i painted Aladin :mrgreen: i know lame but it was 6th grade. so i went to high school with art in mind. got hooked on printmaking and soon black and white photography. I'm one of those people who want to be something oneday and another thing the next day. so far i've been through these phases: photographer, printmaker, painter (i suck), singer (which im pretty good at though not AI material..maybe with some lessons :roll: ), dancer, writer, songwriter, actress, nurse, doctor, interior designer, teacher, model (pffttt im too short, even seen a 4'11" model? me either), clothing designer and theres more. I am curently on my business owner phase, i want to have a filipino restaurant/store and i know a perfect place for it too. and maybe own a bookstore somewhere since im such a bookworm. or as my friend lovingly call me a...NERD

My first Lynsay book was SWV...NO!...lol
i was at the library and i've seen it a couple of times but always passed by it. after i read "i only have fangs for you" by cathy love i thought about trying other paranormal books so i thought i should give this SWV a try. I read the prolouge in the romance section of the library and busted out laughing. almost got kicked out by the security guard so now he looks at me funny when i go there :roll:

ok sorry but i tend to say a lot without saying anything :oops:
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby wren on May 9th, 2008, 8:17 am

Hello, I am wren aka W2 of AE4 aka Renee...and I enjoy playing on Lynsay's forum a lot. Let's see, I graduated with a BS.Ed (elementary education) and taught public school, then stayed home when my children were born. My Frog Prince is my affectionate name for my dh, and we have two wonderful sons. We have homeschooled them since the beginning, so we have been homeschooling for nine years. Like any other job where you work out of the home, it has advantages and disadvantages, but the good stuff far outweighs the tough stuff. No pay, but the rewards are fantastic. LOL In addition to my husband and children, I am very close to my family on both sides...and I am really enjoying this time of having one of my sisters and my oldest niece living with us...They are known as Gypsy & Kewie on this forum.

My favorite hobbies are reading, scrapbooking when I can find the time, singing, and playing on the computer, mostly on Lynsay's forum. The first Lynsay Sands book I read was Single White Vampire which I picked up when I was browsing in a Barnes & Noble bookstore. Another reader who was browsing said it was really good, so I took it home and read it in one night and was at my local bookstore the next day to find more. I have read all of The Argeneaus many times, all of the Hannah Howell/Lynsay Sands duos, almost all of the anthologies, and six of the historicals, most recently Bliss which has become a favorite. Lynsay is my favorite author, and I am slowly collecting all of her books. I love her work, but I also love how she, Dave, and Terri, interact with her readers with kindness and a sense of fun. In addition, Lynsay's forum has opened up two new worlds...one in her books, and one in real life as I have become close to several new friends!

That's all folks...the seldom humble wren! :lol:
wren

Postby Angelovely on May 10th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Hi, my name is Angel. I'm a single mom with two teens, my daughter is 15 and my son is 17. They are both joys! Cool kids that love my type music and who introduce me to the more modern rock. My daughter loves to read and our reading tastes are very similar. My son inherited my love of art and is quite talented. They are both free spirits in that they dont follow the trends but prefer to just be 'me.' I would like to think that I was the one that instilled that trait in them.

I love reading, writing, needlework, playing pc games, ROCK music of all styles (though gotta say the 80's is the best and DEF LEPPARD RULES!) I ride Harleys when I get the chance, love to sit by the sea with a good book, a bottle of wine and rocking tunes.

I went 18 years in a marriage that declined rapidly over the last 8 of those, refusing to give in to the temptation to walk out because I firmly believed in my marriage vows. When he left, I did not fight it. My childern and I are happier than we have been it a long time. The house is full of laughter, music and talk instead of tension and the sounds of quarreling.

I am not upset that I went through the things I did. As Marguerite realized as she pondered what might have been if Vita had not done as she did, I would have been without the children I love so had that union not happened. I also firmly think that the marriage strengthened me in many ways, helped me to grow into the woman that I am now and let me see exactly what I wanted and needed in a partner.

To that effect, I was able to find the one for me, the man I profess as my soul mate, my life mate. No other comes near to him in my eyes. He loves me, he supports me in my endeavors and makes me feel more alive and more like a woman than any man I've ever known. He's handsome as all get out and sexy too! He's passionate, playful, and never ceases to amaze me with his thoughtfulness. I could go on and on, but I'll just say he's the perfect man for me.

On the down side of life, I suffer with fibromyalgia (I never spell it right) which is to say that I have pain in various areas that will flare up to unbearable heights at times, and then again will ebb to a mere whisper of an ache. I take meds for this, of course, but still it can be quite a bother. I do not let it stop me, working a full time job as a lab techinan for Ritz Camera, babysitting my nine month old nephew every chance I get and being both mom and dad to my kids. What does not kill me will only make me stronger. I forget who it was that first stated that, but I firmly believe it!

As to how I started reading the Argeneau series... work was very very slow one day and I was bored. I hit the bookstore across the mall from me and found myself looking at the series (which I didn't know was a series at the time). The covers were interesting and the blips on the back sounded good enough to kill my boredom for a bit. I bought four! Well, it did kill my boredom as I was almost speed reading 'Bite Me If You Can.' I realized this was indeed a series and went out to buy all I could find and started from the beginning! Course, now I'm hooked on them!
Love is much like a wild rose,
beautiful and calm,
but willing to draw blood in its defense.
Angelovely

Next

Return to Getting to know you questions