Sands/Howell anthologies

Re: Sands/Howell anthologies

Postby lisa on October 5th, 2008, 5:44 pm

I just checked the Howell website and she has written another MacNauchton (sp) story in an anthology with some other writers (hope its ok to post it here-- if not please remove, Mr Spice) that is already on bookshelves (although i dont remember seeing them ) I dont think i phrased that correctly, i meant remove this last post--- NOT MR SPICE!!!
lisa

Postby wren on October 5th, 2008, 10:24 pm

lisa wrote:I just checked the Howell website and she has written another MacNauchton (sp) story in an anthology with some other writers (hope its ok to post it here-- if not please remove, Mr Spice) that is already on bookshelves (although i dont remember seeing them ) I dont think i phrased that correctly, i meant remove this last post--- NOT MR SPICE!!!

lisa, my dear fellow southern belle...you were made for this forum! You are sooo one of us...trust me, I'm W2 of AE4...with the power of premonition...and I see lots of fun with you in the future! (If you've ever seen Charmed...think "Phoebe"...I just wish I looked that good! LOL) Image

Btw, the comma made it correct, or close enough! Meaning, you didn't remove Mr. Spice, and we all understood what you were telling us! Image I'm sure the Spices will be happy to know you don't mean to remove him from the forum! ;) Now, quit making me laugh so hard so I can get to bed!

Good-night, lisa! Image

P.S. It is usually okay to share, but we can't link. That keeps this website from being linked to any questionable sites that might be posted. The linking is disabled from our use for that reason...we won't accidentally link to anything illegal or disreputable. It's just like when we share what we are reading in the general discussion. As long as the post is on topic for the thread, and this would be since it is related to Hannah's part of the other books, then it's usually okay to share this kind of information and leave it for others to search for themselves if they have an interest. Hope that helps...logging out now! See you tomorrow! :)
wren

Postby Denise on October 5th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Lisa, you may have seen the Mass Market Paperback version of the original Trade Paperback "Highland Thirst". The MM was just published in September.
Denise

Postby lisa on October 6th, 2008, 4:52 am

Denise, I just saw listed on amazon with release date of Sept 1. Nature of the Beast is the title and there are two other authors listed, A. Basso and E. Silver. Guess Hannah is just finishing up her storyline or maybe shes just continueing to write about her side of MV family as long as she can. Berawald is her character, the one who sees ghosts.
lisa

Postby Denise on October 6th, 2008, 10:12 am

Would probably be a good story. I enjoyed both Hannah's and Lynsay's stories in this series. I think I'll wait until it comes out in Mass Market size, though.
Denise

Postby lisa on November 4th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Hannah Howell has continued with another McNaughton story--came out Sept 2009 -called Highland Beast. Have not found in stores yet, but excerpt on her website indicates the newest hero is searching for The Lost Ones. ( those with Mcnaughton bloodline and blood drinking tendencies) Will have to search for it in bookstores. Trying to keep busy til Tinys'story comes out. ( or at least excerpt!)
lisa

Postby Denise on November 5th, 2009, 12:16 am

I've seen that a couple of times in the store and haven't decided yet whether to get it. I did like Hannah's stories...
Denise

Postby lynnzerben on November 18th, 2009, 1:42 am

lisa wrote:Hannah Howell has continued with another McNaughton story--came out Sept 2009 -called Highland Beast. Have not found in stores yet, but excerpt on her website indicates the newest hero is searching for The Lost Ones. ( those with Mcnaughton bloodline and blood drinking tendencies) Will have to search for it in bookstores. Trying to keep busy til Tinys'story comes out. ( or at least excerpt!)

I found this book at Half Price the other day and was glad to see another McNaughton story. It was in normal book size and a pretty good read. I like this series, and the fact that they're half books or novelettes makes them a quick read and are good if you have a free afternoon. I wish Lynsay Sands could go back to the series, but I understand about contracts and everything. Oh well.
Still waters run deep

Good Girl Gone Vampire
lynnzerben

Postby sherr on April 5th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Just finish the Eternal Highlander. That L.S. has great potential as a writer. I liked the stories nice twist....I'm now just about to start My immortal Highlander.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Jewelz on April 5th, 2010, 8:23 pm

sherr wrote:Just finish the Eternal Highlander. That L.S. has great potential as a writer. I liked the stories nice twist....I'm now just about to start My immortal Highlander.

Last week I finished reading all the Sands/Howell anthologies. I really enjoyed them too. Tonight I'm going to finish "Taming of the Highland Bride". Happy reading Sherr. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the medieval vampire stories