What is your Favorite...

This is where the fun stuff lives

Re: What is your Favorite...

Postby orionsfaith on February 20th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Off top of my head: Trading Places and Lethal Weapon!
"You see? We get on famously...We could have been grand friends."
"Except for the part about me being an enforcer and you being a murderer."
"Yes. Well, no friendship is perfect."
orionsfaith

Postby TomEC on February 23rd, 2015, 12:12 pm

Before the year 2000?

All my favorite movies are from before then. I think I’d have to go for the Shawshank Redemption as still being on the top of the heap for me. That movie has the greatest payoff I’ve ever seen.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 3rd, 2015, 10:52 pm

Who is your Favorite Non Paranormal Romance Author?

I'd have to say it's a tie between Charlotte Macleod, who wrote the Peter Shandy Mysteries, and Dorothy Gilman, who wrote the Mrs. Pollifax series as well as The Clairvoyant Countess
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on March 3rd, 2015, 11:04 pm

I don't read very many non-paranormal romance novels anymore, aside from Lynsay. Her hysterical historicals are the best to me. If I were to go back into my past reading, some of the old authors I used to read, that list would include: Phyllis Whitney, Kathleen Woodiwiss, and Roberta Gellis.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby shaashaine on March 6th, 2015, 6:34 am

Super late but my favorite movie(s) would have to be the LOTR trilogy and the HP movies since I grew up watching them. But before that was The Labyrinth and Full Metal Jacket, I don't think I was born when either movie was made :geek:

Favorite non paranormal romance authors are Janet Evanovich, Rachel Gibson, Jill Shalvis, Lori Foster, Sandra Hill, and Susan Mallery. Pretty sure there's more I just can't remember them at the moment.
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby wren on April 19th, 2015, 3:48 pm

My non paranormal fave romance authors: Lynsay Sands, Victoria Alexander, Julia Quinn, Gaelen Foley, Sabrina Jeffries, Lorraine Heath, Hannah Howell...these are my definite go-to must read authors, but there are several others that write Regency era or Scottish medieval that I enjoy too. For time-travel & fantasy romance, I read Lynn Kurland & C.I. Wilson. Their books may have some paranormal elements, but don't exactly fit the paranormal genre. I'm not big into regular Contemporary romance novels, unless they're mysteries. I've become increasingly picky about my paranormal books in the last couple of years. Some authors have ended series that I read or are taking a break to work on new series or historical novels, and I can do without all the darker stuff. Frankly, Lynsay spoiled me! I'll give an author & a book or two a fair chance, but if it can't come close to Lynsay's quality in paranormal stories, it generally won't keep my interest. There are far too many good books to read to waste my time. As for some of what is passing for romance books these days, I say to each their own/live & let live...but I'm not bothering with rubbish & I like a storyline between well-written love scenes. JMSHO! :)
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 16th, 2016, 9:25 am

Okay, new topic....

What is your favorite current television show?
susan60625

Postby wren on May 16th, 2016, 11:10 pm

susan60625 wrote:Okay, new topic....

What is your favorite current television show?

I don't have a favorite, but I'm currently watching Arrow & I like it. I'm as ucker for most Marvel films & TV shows. ;)
Last edited by wren on May 18th, 2016, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
wren

Postby susan60625 on May 17th, 2016, 11:46 am

I watched Arrow when it first came on, but I didn't like it's sophomore season, so I stopped. I do watch The Flash and Supergirl (which is moving to the CW next fall). What I'm really enjoying, though, are the Chicago shows, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Chicago Med and, next fall, Chicago Legal! I love to see my city as one of the actors in a show. They shoot all over the city, but they don't list the locations as true. Like in Chicago Fire, the house is supposed to be on the far South Side, but they still make normal runs to Downtown, which would never happen unless it was a major emergency because we're talking several miles.
susan60625

Postby wren on May 18th, 2016, 2:25 am

I do Netflix binges, usually when my son is home & recommends a show. I like Longmire, and I'm looking forward to it coming back on in September. Netflix picked it up as an original series. The Flash is on the list for binge-watching to catch up next. I'll add Supergirl to the list too. :)
wren

PreviousNext

Return to Games, Quizzes, Fun Stuff