Randomessosity

Randomessosity

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 10:02 pm

So umm I am supposed to be working on my journals for my research methods class.. I am I am just taking a break.. I have 2 and half done outta the 6 I need!
So I have been working on these things for about 3 hours and I only have 2 and half done! That sucks! I shoulda been working on these like last week! But me and my procrastination aren't doing well! :roll: I need to get a handle on it!
Ok other than that!
How was everyone's day or weekend? Can you tell Im kinda really bored?
Im tryin to come up with ides to write my own story.. but then again.. I dont know if i should tell yall..
i highly doubt that it will be any good! :roll:
Last edited by rockie on October 20th, 2008, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Re: Randomessosity

Postby Denise on October 20th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Rockie, I had the same problem. I'm one of the world's WORST procrastinators! And my college grades suffered as a result.
Denise

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 10:06 pm

Im working on my stuff! its just gonna take me a while :lol:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby KimberlyK on October 20th, 2008, 10:24 pm

So what exactly do you write in a journal for a research methods class?

"Today I went online to find out information on other fans of the paranormal romance writer Lynsay Sands. I asked thought provoking questions in order to determine just how caught up in this fantasy world the fans were.

Besides using the internet, I also personally read every book in the series. It was necessary for my research. I also read other paranormal romance books by other authors in the same field in order to determine why paranormal romance is so popular in today's culture.

Tonight I will be watching the series Trueblood in order to assess how the books translate to the television medium."

Am I close? *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 10:35 pm

KimberlyK wrote:So what exactly do you write in a journal for a research methods class?

"Today I went online to find out information on other fans of the paranormal romance writer Lynsay Sands. I asked thought provoking questions in order to determine just how caught up in this fantasy world the fans were.

Besides using the internet, I also personally read every book in the series. It was necessary for my research. I also read other paranormal romance books by other authors in the same field in order to determine why paranormal romance is so popular in today's culture.

Tonight I will be watching the series Trueblood in order to assess how the books translate to the television medium."

Am I close? *grin*

Kimberly

Its not really a journal per say but the journals are experiments done about different mental disorders and such things. Ima Psych major at school! So I have to read these journals and take notes on them and turn them in tomorrow! Yeah I know I waited till last minute! Really I already know I shouldn't have! I am doing my APA style paper on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, So I have been reading about that and taking notes on it! ugh Really rather boring stuff
rockie, who is still working.. and will probably be up all night long!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Im also looking for new music..
To keep me awake!
I seen the Commodores Friday night with my parents... They came to my school and did a concert! It was pretty awesome!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby KimberlyK on October 20th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Aren't there any interesting examples of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in the journals? Or is it just the dry facts? Bummer. Makes me glad that I have my 'English degree already! Even though it's just gathering dust at the moment. *grin*

I plan on going on to get a master's in Library Science one day but we decided it made more sense to begin our family first since you can attend school at any age while age does play a factor in how easily you can become pregnant. The youngest child will begin kindergarten next year so I need to start thinking about what I want to do and how I'm going to pay for it!

Good luck on your paper. A great thing to have on hand when it comes to papers is a book called The Little Brown Handbook. It has guidelines for how to write a paper in almost every field, whether it's MLA style or APA style. It answers almost any question you have about footnotes, bilbliographies, citations, etc. Plus just the usual grammar questions. This is a good reference tool to have around when you just don't have time to ask a teacher or try to search for the information online.

I looked it up on Amazon to provide an URL and now I feel out of date. My version was just a book, what the heck is MyCompLab? I would just look for a cheap used copy just make sure it's an edition late enough to include information on how to cite articles you find online.

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Handbook-MyCompLab-E-Book-Student/dp/0205662722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224560616&sr=1-1

Now get out of here and get back to work! *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 11:08 pm

I so have one of those somewhere! I let a friend borrow it and I haven't seen it since.. humm..
Yeah, thats cool, I working on them. I got three done.. just three more to go! yaya!
I can't wait!
I keep checking to see if anybody answered my question in the who said game.. but they haven't.. I thought it was rather easy!
I think I have a fever! ugh
rockie, who is listeing to Easy ( like Sunday Morning) Again :)
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby KimberlyK on October 20th, 2008, 11:37 pm

I think the problem with your "Who Said" question is that it's not the kind of quote that triggers your memory. I thought first it might be Lucian and Leigh because Lucian is so tired at the beginning. I didn't find it there. Then I thought maybe the beginning of Vampires Are Forever when Inez is calling hotels while Thomas sleeps but I didn't find it there. A lot of characters spend time sleeping you know!! *grin*

Maybe a hint would help?

Kimberly (Who is very tired all of a sudden. I think my caffeine wore off!)
KimberlyK

Postby rockie on October 20th, 2008, 11:39 pm

Its not.. Lucien and Leigh!
Its from one of the 1st three books!!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫