What books do you reread over and over again?

What books do you reread over and over again?

Postby KimberlyK on November 11th, 2008, 3:42 pm

I thought it would be interesting to find out what everyone's comfort books are. The kind you know by heart yet love to reread over and over again without ever getting tired of them. The ones that you revisit like an old friend. The ones that people ask "Haven't you read that book already?!" when they see you with it. *grin*

I have lots and lots of favorites on my keeper shelves but these are the ones that I will never get rid of!! The fantasy ones I've had for almost 20 years now!!

Here's my list:

Romance genre
Love is Blind -- Lynsay Sands
Love Bites -- Lynsay Sands
Bite Me If You Can --Lynsay Sands
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton -- Julia Quinn
An Offer From a Gentleman -- Julia Quinn
Quinn Brothers quartet - Nora Roberts
McGregor series - Nora Roberts
Wallflower quartet and related books - Lisa Kleypas

Fantasy genre
Arrows trilogy - Mercedes Lackey
Last Herald Mage trilogy - Mercedes Lackey
By the Sword -- Mercedes Lackey
Harry Potter series -- J.K. Rowling
Belgariad quintet - David Eddings
Harper Hall trilogy -- Anne McCaffrey
Dragonflight, Dragonquest, The White Dragon (trilogy) -- Anne McCaffrey
The Hitchhiker Guide to the Universe series -- Douglas Adams

Each of these books I have read 3 or 4 times each (perhaps 10 or 12 with some of them!) and I love them just as much every time as the first time that I read them. *grin*

Kimberly
KimberlyK

Re: What books do you reread over and over again?

Postby Denise on November 12th, 2008, 12:57 am

The Belgariad by David Eddings (me, too, Kimberly! I remember waiting anxiously for the next book of the series to come out. I still have my original paperbacks but they are in pretty bad shape after all the re-readings. Wish I had been smart enough to buy the hardbacks when they were first issued! $$$$ now for a couple of them.)

Secrets of the Night by Jo Beverley (and the rest of the Malloren Series)
To Wed a Stranger by Edith Layton
A Regency Christmas Feast anthology
One Perfect Rose by Mary Jo Putney (and the rest of the Fallen Angel series)
Silent Melody by Mary Balogh
Malory Family series by Johanna Linsey
several of the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
a few of the Carpathian series by Christine Feehan
The Drake Sisters series by Christine Feehan, or I will when it is finally completed!
and of course all my Argeneaus!
Denise

Postby love2read on November 12th, 2008, 2:31 am

i have so many books that i love to reread, 'The spiral path' by mary jo putney, lynsay sands all of them, kresley coles 'dark needs at nights edge', and most of my other books, but htose are the ones that i really like to reread. :geek:
love2read

Postby Nicola on November 12th, 2008, 4:46 am

Well at present im reading

Stephenie Meyers - - - Twilight ( Collection )

But i have found myself last nite strays back to my

Lynsay Sands - - - Argeneau Collection

I do like reading all sorts a books but i tend to stick with the paranormal romances and things like that thrillers and sum times a horror depends how it catches my attention ..

Dean Koontz
Is also 1 of my favs i like to read as well but i have loads i found i did have a fav shelf untill i read the Argeneau series but now i have found myself sorting out my books in order of which i know will reread always and moved them onto my bedside table

Keri Arthur
Is another i have seen which i think will add to my collection i think thats her second name lol

What has been drawing my attention is when i enter my book story who i havent been a fan of really has been

Anne Rice - - - Lestat
So i may buy that book just to check it out and see how it goes ...

Catherine Cookson
Is another i have read my mum loves her and sorta got me hooked when i was about 6yrs or so in reading books she always told me its a playground for ur imagination and i tend to know what she meant by that it takes u to a whole other world.

But the 1 book i do remember that got me so hooked on horror and Paranormal things was my very first book and it was called ....... THE HOWLING ... i had gotten it when i was about 11 or so picked it up at a book fair i think my mum wasn't to impressed cause i already had a huge weird things for vamps n werewolves she hid it on me loads a times lol but i always found it and then came BRAM STOKERS Dracula and from then on in that was me u always found my nose in a book anywhere i went since i gotten older i found having my kids i didnt really get the time to read which mad me kinda frustrated but now im back to my reading and loving it ... Im trying to get Lynsays Historicals at present to see what there like it be sum what out my league lol but im willing to give them all a good go i cant wait from what everyone has told me there brilliant witty sexy and get u hooked so im going to trail the net for my book list ....

I am in between reads at present i have just opened up the book called THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF VAMPIRE ROMANCE by 25 different authors .... and well i just cant seem to get into it at all it's not catching my eye any of the story's in it that i have went through ...

So therefore im back to my Argeneau Series and back to the start lol ....... So thats me for now since it getting like a essay lol and i will fill u in if anything changes lol

Bye for now xoxoxox Nikki :) ;)
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby rockie on November 12th, 2008, 2:17 pm

I have to many to name!! which ever one looks good at the time I am looking for a book to read or reread!!
rockie, who is thinkin maybe this paper wont be so bad to write and will get it done and stop procrastinating :mrgreen:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Nicola on November 17th, 2008, 6:37 pm

well guys i have just finished the twilight series from stephenie meyers if ya havent aything to do now or to read go buy them

Twilight
New Moon
Eclispe
Breaking Dawn

there class so they are a true love story i swear all i could do was cry it was great i must say she is my number 2 fav author still cant knock Lynsay though she just the best :twisted:

but guys give them a go i think u will like them .....

Theres a part when she jumps of a cliff for fun then she realize that she cant live without him and trys to drown herself oh god guy i broke my heart lol my kids n b/f seriously thinks there sumthing wrong with me now lol they keep looking at me really funny lol

so im back to my first book now A quick bite for my 10 reads now lol and then i dont know maybe reread Twilight again lol but it truely is a moving love story so it is i felt everything she went through the heartbreak the agony god it was great took me 4 days to read 4 books and the last book has 756 pages ...

so sorry i havent been here in a few days thats why cya all soon xooxox

luv n hugs Nicola xoxoxoxo

P.S Lynsay ya still my we star muwahhhhh
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby Cathy on November 30th, 2008, 12:50 am

I'll just start listing... it's usually series:

All of Lyndsay's Argeneau books, of course.... :D

Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series; I went off of them for a while when they became just a little TOO steamy. A woman can only handle sex so many times a day -- even if she's a bit on the super-human side. :oops:
Also by Laurell K. are the Merry Gentry books. I admire the way she strives to make sure that Merry doesn't look at the world in the exact same way as a human woman would.

Kim Harrison's Hollows books. Not as 'enchanting' as some of the others listed here, but they have a certain charm. Sometimes I feel that Rachel really needs to pull her head out - she can kick tookus with the best of them!

Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Love the way she changes protagonists so that you aren't always seeing from the same point of view. Kelley's also got a bunch of on-line short stories that fill in the blanks!

Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire series... along with short stories in anthologies. Sookie is deceptively canny in her perceptions but comes off as a combination of hick/southern belle.

There are waaay too many to list! I love anthologies because they introduce me to new authors from whom I may (or may NOT) want to find more.

I'm also due for my annual re-read of the Eddings Belgariad, Malorean, Ellenium and Tamuli books, too - thanks Kim!
Cathy

Postby Denise on November 30th, 2008, 10:28 pm

Cathy, I like the Women Of the Otherworld series, too. And I feel exactly the same about anthologies.
Denise

Postby MysticFan on June 30th, 2011, 3:23 am

The books that I reread over and over and over would have to be:

Lynsay Sands (ofcourse) ;)
'Under A Prairie Moon' by Madeline Baker-- This one is a time travel and it's is one of my absolute faves!
The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers

Those are really the only ones that I have ever really went back and reread. I don't really have time now to reread any book... especially with how my TBR pile keeps piling to the ceiling.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on June 30th, 2011, 4:54 am

Yeah, Lynsay's are on my list in that regard as well.

I have one other that I love and have read many times over the years and will again. However since I raved about this book to the point of making a fool of myself in the thread "Other Suggested Reads", which is listed in the "Getting to know you questions" section, and then said that I wouldn't bring it up again, I think I should keep my word and not say its name here. Though I really, really want to because it packs an emotional wallop like few books I've ever encountered and is the kind of book that stays with you, in a positive way, for the rest of your life and it absolutely makes me crazy that so few people seem to know about it!

I think I'll shut up now before I really start to get worked up. Now where was that bottle of sedatives?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Next

Return to General Discussion