***Immortal Nights 9/20/16*** Do Not Comment Unless Read

Talk about the stories that got the Argeneaus where they are today.

***Immortal Nights 9/20/16*** Do Not Comment Unless Read

Postby susan60625 on September 18th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Okay folks, the book comes out this Tuesday and we are waiting anxiously to hear what all of you think! Remember, again, this is your SPOILER WARNING. This thread is filled with spoilers for this new book. Since Lynsay stays away from these threads, it is safe to speculate about what we think will or hope will happen in the future books! So, I am saying goodbye to this thread until after I have finished the new book! Bye for now!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Re: ***Immortal Nights 9/20/16*** Do Not Comment Unless Read

Postby TomEC on September 27th, 2016, 2:20 pm

So it’s been more than a week since the book came out and no one’s been here at all? Sad. :cry: Can’t really complain, though, since I’m probably as much to blame for that is anyone. I suspect the real discussion has been swallowed up somewhere in that vast ocean known as Facebook, a place I choose not to go.

Well, Susan was kind enough to set up this thread (I thank her for her heroic efforts to keep this little forum going) and I have something to say, though it won’t be as elaborate as the posts I used to do when I was under the impression someone might read them.

I want to say I really enjoyed this book. I liked Abigail very much and figured that was a cool way for her and Tomasso to meet. I also liked Jet and will be very interested to see what happens to him when he falls into Marguerite’s benevolent clutches. So Tomasso is really a smart guy, eh? I always suspected the quiet ones were really the ones with the brains. Yep, me, Dante and Tomasso, men a few words, gulp. I don’t like to think of myself as remotely a violent person, but when Abigail lifted that murdering scumbag up by his neck and tossed him across the room, it felt good. In a world rotten with bullies and rape culture, that felt good, kind of a catharsis.
This is definitely a new direction for the Argeneau universe: a mad scientist and an impending confrontation in a setting reminiscent of “The Island of Doctor Moreau.” Can’t wait. :D

I hope there's a thread when the next book comes out. It's become such a tradition for me to say something after each new Argeneau book, even if it does feel more like a diary entry than a forum post. Well, if this forum goes on or is finally obliterated by present-day social media trends, I will continue to read and enjoy these books as long as Lynsay continues to write them. :)
Last edited by TomEC on September 27th, 2016, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on September 27th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Tom, I haven't posted yet because, sadly, I haven't read the book yet. Due to a miscalculation, my finances got screwed up last week. It has since been fixed and the book is on it's merry way to me, so as soon as it hits my greedy little hands, I can pretty much guarantee not to do much else until I've finished and then will post my thoughts. To be honest, I haven't heard from anyone yet (even in Facebook) about their thoughts. So, do not feel too bad, and chalk it up to the end of Summer blues.
susan60625

Postby TomEC on September 27th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Susan, I'm glad to know that we'll hearing for you about it soon. I'm usually the late one.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on October 16th, 2016, 12:43 am

I liked Jet, too! Looking forward to getting to know him better.

Tomasso's problem with his "wrap" had me giggling. Really, Lynsay! Wrapping with a vine to "kill his excitement"? Where do you get your ideas? LOL. I still chuckle thinking about that. And then Abigail doctoring him. Good grief.

I will be curious to find out how these people discovered the Immortals. Someone wasn't very careful, or perhaps some enemies intentionally leaked the info to keep the enforcers busy? Who knows but Lynsay.
Denise

Postby susan60625 on October 16th, 2016, 11:01 am

Well, I finally finished the book yesterday. (You have to forgive my tardiness. My Cubs are still in the playoffs and I'm a little over the moon about them right now.)

I love Jet, and I wonder who Marguerite has in mind for him. I'm hoping for Elspeth. We haven't seen Martine for quite some time and this would be a good way to bring her back into the storyline.

Since the next book will probably be taking place in South America, I would love to see some representation of their Council and see what kinds of differences they have, as opposed to North American and European.

I love how Lynsay shows how the girls have absolutely no interest in the "other" twin. After all, the boys are identical, it would be easy to assume that they might feel similar things for them.

Something I saw this time that I haven't seen in the books since A Quick Bite (Lissiana & Greg's) book was the quickness of the development of Abigail's strength.

Right now, that is all I've got, but I may come back after I've heard from others.

Oh, and Tom, I don't plan on giving up on this forum. You should expect to see the new book threads as they become necessary! ;)
susan60625

Postby LadyKate on November 21st, 2016, 5:02 am

This isn't exactly about this book but more a world view pondering. I'm wondering how people who are not rogue but who have "dropped out of sight" by avoiding family members etc are able to manage purchasing blood from the Argeneau Blood Bank or other Immortal Blood service.

I think we need a peek into how you can order from them lol. It was rereading the Immortal who Loved me as I read a few of the latter books in preparation to fully enjoy Immortal Nights that made me ask.

How could someone, a member of a council member's family, be missing for 33 years and still keep to the laws of not biting and buying their blood? Does this mean that blood deliveries may be made to rogues because no registration is needed?

It just raised a few questions. Any opinions out there?
LadyKate

Postby susan60625 on November 21st, 2016, 8:45 am

Lady Kate,

We try not to go off topic in the various threads because it becomes too confusing when we later are looking for answers to questions. I have bumped up a previous thread about the blood banks to answer your question.
susan60625

Return to Discuss the Series