Question About Rogue Hunter

Question About Rogue Hunter

Postby RayWolf on January 2nd, 2009, 4:40 pm

Hello I have a question About the book. I bought this book recently and read it in less than day. As always it was a fantastic read. It ended some what abruptly and i was curious as to how many pages is supposed to be in it as the book makes me feel like there are pages missing...
RayWolf

Re: Question About Rogue Hunter

Postby sin on January 2nd, 2009, 11:02 pm

first welcome Ray Wolf..this question {and other about the Argeneau's} is address under Discuss the Series link. But yes it is ended that way. Decker's book which comes out the end of March picks up the next day. You may have to search through pages of topics to see if a topic is addressed or you can use the new search option. Most of the character topics are under Discuss the characters.

We are a fun if not somewhat crazy bunch here. Lynsay and Dave pop in and out. Also Lynsay has a newsletter that is mailed out mostly each month. Be sure to sign up for it. As tid-bits are in it as to up coming books. Crossword puzzles {based on her books}, contests for great prizes...

Be sure to do the getting to know you..it lets us get acquainted with everyone a little better..feel free to jump in and jpin our discussion, games and general craziness..

{wow..this is a long post for me...heehee}

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on January 3rd, 2009, 2:38 am

sin wrote:first welcome Ray Wolf..this question {and other about the Argeneau's} is address under Discuss the Series link. But yes it is ended that way. Decker's book which comes out the end of March picks up the next day. You may have to search through pages of topics to see if a topic is addressed or you can use the new search option. Most of the character topics are under Discuss the characters.

We are a fun if not somewhat crazy bunch here. Lynsay and Dave pop in and out. Also Lynsay has a newsletter that is mailed out mostly each month. Be sure to sign up for it. As tid-bits are in it as to up coming books. Crossword puzzles {based on her books}, contests for great prizes...

Be sure to do the getting to know you..it lets us get acquainted with everyone a little better..feel free to jump in and jpin our discussion, games and general craziness..

{wow..this is a long post for me...heehee}

Hello & a big welcome, Raywolf! :D

sin wasn't kidding! This is a very lonnnnng post for her...and a very short post for me! :lol: sin & I are closer than sisters, and actually got to meet in real life back in October! We know each other so well we almost know ahead of time what we are thinking! LOL

Hang in there...much more is coming in "The Rogue Hunter Books"...they are kind of like a "series within a series" of the Argeneau books...some feature Argeneaus and others feature those who work for the immortal councils, like Mortimer. Since you have finished the book, read through The Rogue Hunter..***SPOILERS*** thread as sin suggested for more info. Then get prepared, because at the end of March, Decker's book will pick up the story for us...only it will be much darker and reveal family secrets and the most evil villain so far...those tidbits were given on the authority of the genius author that writes these wonderful books for us! :) Lynsay is planning to put up an exerpt on the website after the historical, Devil Of The Highlands, is released in January...since it is the first new hysterical historical with Avon/HarperCollins Publishing, (we affectionally call them that since they are hilarious as well as romantic)...she wants to give it a chance to shine first. I can't wait because I love all the books and the historical fans have been waiting a long time for a new book! <grin> So, sometime in early February, hopefully we will get an exerpt from The Immortal Hunter...and then let the discussions and theories and games fly while we wait with anticipation!! ;)

The forum has been quiet in December due to the holidays and such...but in January it will pick up again full speed...so just jump in anywhere...sin gave you some great suggestions on where to start! Again, welcome!!
wren

Postby Mr Spice on January 3rd, 2009, 12:34 pm

RayWolf wrote:Hello I have a question About the book. I bought this book recently and read it in less than day. As always it was a fantastic read. It ended some what abruptly and i was curious as to how many pages is supposed to be in it as the book makes me feel like there are pages missing...

Hi RayWolf, welcome to the forum. The story ends on page 361 and then there is a message from Lynsay about Devil of the Highlands along with an excerpt from that book.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby RayWolf on January 19th, 2009, 12:48 am

Thank you all for replying and I'm so sorry for posting in the wrong spot..I wasn't sure where to post and i thought this was the spot....my book only has 346 pages so it is apparently missing several pages as there is no note of the next one :cry: ...I love Lynsay's books I have bought and read everyone i could get my hands on...I thank you all for the great welcome and again i apologize...
RayWolf

Postby wren on January 19th, 2009, 8:10 am

RayWolf wrote:Thank you all for replying and I'm so sorry for posting in the wrong spot..I wasn't sure where to post and i thought this was the spot....my book only has 346 pages so it is apparently missing several pages as there is no note of the next one :cry: ...I love Lynsay's books I have bought and read everyone i could get my hands on...I thank you all for the great welcome and again i apologize...

Sorry you got a book that didn't have all the pages. :( Once in awhile that happens (in any series.) We've talked about printing mistakes and things like that on the general discussion section. If you take it back, they may still exchange it for you. You can always try! You can be like me & make a fuss...um, or maybe not! :lol: It's your choice...I can be a bit 'outspoken.' :oops: (Yes Mr.Spice & AE4 sisters & others who know me too well...I already know what you are going to say, "who you, wren?" LOL)

Anyway, I know you will want to do a reread before March so you will be ready for Decker's book! And you did fine to post here...we don't expect our newbies (or even our oldies) to know where everything goes. That's why we oldies are here for you, anyway! Welcome to the best forum and some of the nicest friends you'll meet (we hope.) :D Please look around, and jump in on the games & discussions! Also, there are some "Getting To Know You Questions" in the general discussion section in a subforum...they don't take long, and help us all to know each other better and see what we have in common! Hope you'll find a few minutes to do those! You can read mine on there, and meet a lot of the "regulars" who have posted there...oh, & Mr. & Mrs. Spice are very careful about internet safety, so we don't have any questions in those quizzes that would be a problem...if you're uncomfortable, just skip that question! :) "see you" around...
wren

Postby Mr Spice on January 19th, 2009, 11:29 am

RayWolf wrote:Thank you all for replying and I'm so sorry for posting in the wrong spot..I wasn't sure where to post and i thought this was the spot....my book only has 346 pages so it is apparently missing several pages as there is no note of the next one :cry: ...I love Lynsay's books I have bought and read everyone i could get my hands on...I thank you all for the great welcome and again i apologize...

Just take back to the store for a replacement. There should be no argument whatsoever about a replacement since this is no different to buying any item which turns out to be faulty.
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby RayWolf on January 19th, 2009, 11:46 pm

I took it back today but sadly they had no more all sold out....Lynsay's books never stick around long!
RayWolf

Postby wren on January 20th, 2009, 7:29 am

RayWolf wrote:I took it back today but sadly they had no more all sold out....Lynsay's books never stick around long!

I have an extra The Rogue Hunter book that I can mail you. It is new, because I had ordered it and then I received the book as a gift from some friends for Christmas. I would be happy to send the one I ordered to you right away! I checked to be sure & it seems it has all of its pages, plus the note from Lynsay & Devil Of The Highlands exerpt! :lol: Well, I didn't want you to end up with the same problem all over again...

If you have facebook, you can contact me there. Search for Renee Bullock Wright. I also have a livespace page & love it. http://wrensnest86.spaces.live.com/ (Links are disabled to keep from accidentally linking to an inappropriate or illegal site. Very Important: We also never, ever do fanfiction especially on the forum...we don't want any problems with Lynsay's contract, which includes not promoting fanfiction on her website or anywhere else...her name & characters are copyrighted and we don't want to infringe on those legal details...so no fanfiction links, please! Image We are allowed to post general links only for information, but you have to put it in yourself and you go to it at your own risk! ;) )

If you message or friend me on facebook, put RayWolf in the message so I'll realize it's you...of course, you're the only Elisha I know, so that shouldn't be too hard! <grin> (Is it pronounced with a long /i/ in the middle, like the Biblical prophet Elisha?) Btw, several of the forum friends are on facebook and livespace. Some are on MySpace, but I don't care for it...so we'll not talk about it! Bwahahahahaha :twisted: Well, I did warn you I was outspoken...and I'm seldom humble unless it's really important! Image

Oh, for your info: Lynsay has a livespace blog: http://lynsaysands.spaces.live.com/ She is also on facebook and MySpace, but the official blogs that are posted are the same! :D
You can also see Mr. Spice's http://spice-the-cat.spaces.live.com/ He writes interesting blogs ~ well, when not househunting and shoveling snow ~ and you will learn so much about music! Many of us keep up with his blog as well.
Poor Dave...he can't get away from the SASSy ARGENEAUTS! Image

We also have a google group that a few of us created, Lynsay_Sands_Get_Together, so that we can send books and things to each other. It's not very active, but it is there to help with those who need information on computers (sin, copper, & some others on the forum know a lot about how to help with computer questions and how to work things ~ they have me halfway computer literate for the basic things <biggrin>) or to share info on how to send books to each other. Also, discussion or other questions are welcome, although we do most of that here on the forum with all our friends. You are welcome to join! It is strictly moderated and requires that a person be 18yo since we may share personal information and that is of utmost concern to Dave & Lynsay! Anyone on the forum 18yo or over may join! :)

Let me know if you want the book! toodles, wren Image
wren

Postby RayWolf on January 25th, 2009, 1:03 pm

I don't have either of those but I think I'll go get one now lol...I'd love to get the book as i can't find it now...i have looked everywhere....

Yes my name is just like in the bible altho most don't realise this so they pronounce it like alisha I've gotten used to it...
RayWolf

Next

Return to FAQs