Argeneau Movies?

Argeneau Movies?

Postby Denise on August 17th, 2008, 3:52 pm

lisa wrote:Lynsay I have seen on other websites that some authors options on series to turn them into movie/tv series. Is there any chance that will occur to our fav fanged family? It probably is a thrill to think of seeing your characters come to "life" but I have never seen a tv/movie that matched the book. It would mean letting go of your characters to the whims of a director, and I think that your books are perfect just the way they are. Your sense of humor is hilarious and I don't think they would leave it alone to shine on screen the way it does in your writing. That being said, I would definitly watch any and all of your work that happens to be translated into the screen.I am one of your biggest fans and have enjoyed the game on the old forum that was trying to match the current actors to portray your wonderful wacky family and their friends. Thank you for all your hard work!!! :D
Last edited by Denise on October 8th, 2008, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise

Re: Argeneau Movies?

Postby Denise on September 25th, 2008, 11:49 am

Lynsay wrote:As for a tv or movie option . . . who knows. I'd let them give it a go and then probably cringe afterward, lol, but I've been told they don't have enough explosions and car chases to be translated to film, that they're too character driven. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Lynsay

Well, that just bites! We'd love to see them on screen.
Denise

Postby MsKitty on June 7th, 2009, 1:59 am

Oh My!

Argeneau's on screen... Are we involved in the casting choices?? (lol!) Can Daniel Craig be Lucien - they've made him an icypole - why not an Argeneau??!! Bwah Ha HAaaaaa!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Mr Spice on June 7th, 2009, 9:53 am

Argeneau's on screen? If only!.

Part of the problem for anyone making movies from Lynsay's books is that most of her stories are character based, rather than being action based. Hollywood, as many people will have noticed, rarely does character based movies, and when it does it doesn't usually do them very well. The lack of shoot outs & explosions in the Argeneau books doesn't, therefore, bode well for the film of the book happening anytime soon. Lynsay and her agent have never even heard the subject mentioned, so I wouldn't be too hopeful even in the long term.

The future will, however, see the Argeneau series as audiobooks - although the first three titles that are published by Dorchester (cough & spit) won't be included. At least, they probably won't be included until someone there wakes up and realises that Avon have, once again, lit the path and shown them the way forward. As yet, we don't know who the reader will be, man or woman, famous or unknown, but we'll let you know once more details have been agreed.

(Big grin) So, how's that for burying a bit of news in the middle of a completely different subject?
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby sin on June 7th, 2009, 10:24 am

Mr Spice wrote:Argeneau's on screen? If only!.

Part of the problem for anyone making movies from Lynsay's books is that most of her stories are character based, rather than being action based. Hollywood, as many people will have noticed, rarely does character based movies, and when it does it doesn't usually do them very well. The lack of shoot outs & explosions in the Argeneau books doesn't, therefore, bode well for the film of the book happening anytime soon. Lynsay and her agent have never even heard the subject mentioned, so I wouldn't be too hopeful even in the long term.

The future will, however, see the Argeneau series as audiobooks - although the first three titles that are published by Dorchester (cough & spit) won't be included. At least, they probably won't be included until someone there wakes up and realises that Avon have, once again, lit the path and shown them the way forward. As yet, we don't know who the reader will be, man or woman, famous or unknown, but we'll let you know once more details have been agreed.

(Big grin) So, how's that for burying a bit of news in the middle of a completely different subject?

Congratulations....That is awesome Mr Spice...+++(sorry four foot took over the kb). We will be very interested in them...That which shall not be named hopefully will allow Lynsay to have her books back...But in the meantime we will keep our fingers crossed that the series as a whole will be on audio...Now we have some else to wait {im}patiently for..*grins*

As for a movie...That would be kind of hard to picture.{no pun intended} When you are reading you can visualize the person, but if you see them on screen you might say "That's not right". That has happen to several books that have been turned into movies....But them again if Lynsay's Argeneau series was made into movies, I for one would see it...

The Queen may be Evil... BUT I am WICKED and Wicked ALWAYS wins.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on June 7th, 2009, 11:46 am

sin wrote:
Mr Spice wrote:Argeneau's on screen? If only!.

Congratulations....That is awesome Mr Spice...+++(sorry four foot took over the kb). We will be very interested in them...That which shall not be named hopefully will allow Lynsay to have her books back...But in the meantime we will keep our fingers crossed that the series as a whole will be on audio...Now we have some else to wait {im}patiently for..*grins*

As for a movie...That would be kind of hard to picture.{no pun intended} When you are reading you can visualize the person, but if you see them on screen you might say "That's not right". That has happen to several books that have been turned into movies....But them again if Lynsay's Argeneau series was made into movies, I for one would see it...

Audio books would be awesome!! :) It would be so helpful for people like my sister, Gypsy, who have the need for it due to their eyesight making it more difficult to read. Also, I love listening to audio books on long distance trips. I'm not too worried about "that which we choose not to name" as they would eventually follow...it will just irritate us while we wait for them to get their act together and join Avon in this new venture with the books. Can you get a nice British voice for the books...you know, that "old world" accent of our wonderful Argeneaus? I would like that! I think I would prefer a man...I always think of Lucern as "writing the novels." Unless they got a woman who could sound like Marguerite telling the stories...now you have my as always "humble" American opinion! *giggle* Hmmm...maybe we could get another poll going from Tori eventually on this subject...

As for movies...I'm with sin. I have managed to separate some book series from the movies (although I always prefer the books)...and I know I couldn't resist seeing any Argeneau movie & I would be very happy for Lynsay if the books were filmed...but I also KNOW that I would be super-critical! I've read the series so many times that I have my own movie in my head! I don't think it would help even if they cast my beloved Alan Rickman!! {sigh} Gypsy & Seashell just went into shock...they are saying "Not even Alan Rickman?" :lol:

Then again, he is ♥ Alan Rickman ♥...and if I though of it as a "screenplay" rather than one of my beloved books...well, then it might work for me! Image What can I say...casting could go a long way for me in a movies venture for the Argeneaus LOL

But the SAs would want Lynsay Sands to have final "casting approval!" Image
wren

Postby Copper on June 7th, 2009, 4:50 pm

i do love this idea of a film but i dont think we can put a perfict face on all are characters i want the audio book please would love them lots sent then to me :D
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby MsKitty on June 7th, 2009, 6:49 pm

If you need an Aussie Accent that does NOT sound like Crocodile Dundee then I'm your girl!! I do a good monkey too!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby Mr Spice on June 8th, 2009, 12:58 pm

MsKitty wrote:I do a good monkey too!

This definitely needs further explanation.
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby Mr Spice on June 8th, 2009, 12:58 pm

MsKitty wrote:I do a good monkey too!

This definitely needs further explanation.
"A heavy snowfall,

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Next

Return to FAQs